Posted to dev@hc.apache.org by Mikael Wikström <mi...@it.su.se> on 2005/11/01 15:34:01 UTC

SPNEGO support in httpclient

this is a followup on my previus mail with the same title sent 08/03/2005

Hi,

finally... Here's my spnego/Negotiate AuthScheme for httpclient 3.0.

It's more or less complete and rely on JAAS for credentials and jgss for
mutual auth and credential forwarding.

My next goal will be to se if I can use this scheme with axis (SOAP)
over ssl to create a secure WS that can use forwarded credentials.

I really hope this patch will become part of the main dist.

references:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-jaganathan-kerberos-http-00.txt
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnsecure/html/http-sso-2.asp

http://www11.informatik.tu-muenchen.de/Java/j2sdkse/guide/security/jgss/tutorials/ClientServer.html

Regards
/ Mikael Wikstrom
mikael.wikstrom@it.su.se

Re: SPNEGO support in httpclient

Posted by Ortwin Glück <od...@odi.ch>.

Mikael Wikström wrote:
> references:
> http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-jaganathan-kerberos-http-00.txt

I guess this should be
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-jaganathan-kerberos-http-01.txt

Re: SPNEGO support in httpclient

Posted by Mikael Wikström <mi...@it.su.se>.
Oleg Kalnichevski wrote:

>On Tue, Nov 01, 2005 at 03:34:01PM +0100, Mikael Wikstr?m wrote:
>

>>this is a followup on my previus mail with the same title sent 08/03/2005
>>
>>Hi,
>>
>>finally... Here's my spnego/Negotiate AuthScheme for httpclient 3.0.
>>
>>It's more or less complete and rely on JAAS for credentials and jgss for
>>mutual auth and credential forwarding.
>>
>>My next goal will be to se if I can use this scheme with axis (SOAP)
>>over ssl to create a secure WS that can use forwarded credentials.
>>
>>I really hope this patch will become part of the main dist.
>>
>>references:
>>http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-jaganathan-kerberos-http-00.txt
>>http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnsecure/html/http-sso-2.asp
>>
>>http://www11.informatik.tu-muenchen.de/Java/j2sdkse/guide/security/jgss/tutorials/ClientServer.html
>>

>>Regards
>>/ Mikael Wikstrom
>>mikael.wikstrom@it.su.se
>>

>Mikael,
>
>Since the Negotiate AuthScheme depends on a Java extension, which is not
>part of older JREs, we cannot include this code into HttpClient 3.x
>proper. We will happily accept this code into the contrib package
>(provided it passes the peer review) and will consider it for inclusion
>into HttpClient 4.0, which will no longer require Java 1.2 compatibility
>
>Please open a Bugzilla ticket and attach the files to it along with a
>statement that you agree to release this code under ASLv2 license

I think I have done what you asked me to do now. Had some problems
understanding bugzilla at first but... well. It's assigned to bug 37346.

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.
On Tue, Nov 01, 2005 at 03:56:41PM +0100, Ortwin Gl?ck wrote:
> Mikael,
>
> First of all, thanks for your contribution!
>
> We may consider your code for the contrib package for 3.0 because
>   i) it is too late in the release process for 3.0
>   ii) JGSS API is only available as of JDK 1.4 while HttpClient 3.0 is
> compatible with JDK 1.2 (sigh)
>
> We may decide to include it in the 4.0 code base though. For this step
> some JUnit tests would be nice.
>
> Personally I have no objections. What do the others think?

+1 from me to add this code to the contrib package

Oleg

Posted by Ortwin Glück <od...@odi.ch>.
Mikael,

First of all, thanks for your contribution!

We may consider your code for the contrib package for 3.0 because
   i) it is too late in the release process for 3.0
   ii) JGSS API is only available as of JDK 1.4 while HttpClient 3.0 is
compatible with JDK 1.2 (sigh)

We may decide to include it in the 4.0 code base though. For this step
some JUnit tests would be nice.

Personally I have no objections. What do the others think?

Ortwin Glück