Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by Achim Derigs <Ac...@InnoviData.COM> on 2001/04/11 16:31:14 UTC

Deploying SOAP services automatically

Hi,

is it possible to deploy SOAP services packaged in a WAR automatically when the WAR is deployed?

Regards
Achim

ServiceManagerClient

Posted by Anatoliy Salistra <as...@Sailfish.Com>.
There is definitely some problem with deploying services through
ServiceManagerClient. It seems to work fine when you use it, that is, no
exception is thrown or fault code sent, but does not do its job correctly.
I've spent some time trying to run AddressBook sample and to no success:
although my server (WL 5.1) sends a response to the client, this response
fails to be unmarshalled. The problem, it seems to me, is that in
<isd:map encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/"
xmlns:x="urn:xml-soap-address-demo" qname="x:address"
javaType="samples.addressbook.Address"
java2XMLClassName="org.apache.soap.encoding.soapenc.BeanSerializer"
xml2JavaClassName="org.apache.soap.encoding.soapenc.BeanSerializer" />
parsing code completely fails to recognize namespace declaration
'urn:xml-soap-address-demo', at least, I see no mention of it a an XML
received by my server.

It than goes on with deployment as if nothing's wrong, but all subsequent
request to AddressBook produce responses that the client is unable to
unmarshall, becuase there appears
<return ns2="" ...> with empty namespace.

Can anybody give me a definite answer: what's the problem. Is it just some
classpath fluke?

ServiceManagerClient

Re: Deploying SOAP services automatically

Posted by Achim Derigs <Ac...@InnoviData.COM>.
On Wed, 11 Apr 2001 Achim.Derigs@innovidata.com wrote:

> Hi,
>
> is it possible to deploy SOAP services packaged in a WAR automatically when the WAR is deployed?

Meanwhile I have written my own `ConfigManager' to realize the above mentioned behavior. My `ConfigManager' extends the `DefaultConfigManager' where I've found a little bug:

*** xml-soap/java/src/org/apache/soap/server/DefaultConfigManager.java	Thu Feb  1 22:32:06 2001
--- ../../external/tss/mcp/databus/soap/src/org/apache/soap/server/DefaultConfigManager.java	Tue Apr 17 13:07:34 2001
***************
*** 102,108 ****
      this.context = context;
    }

!   public void setOptions( Hashtable options ) {
      if ( options == null ) return ;

      String value = (String) options.get( "filename" );
--- 102,108 ----
      this.context = context;
    }

!   public void setOptions( Hashtable options ) throws SOAPException {

Posted by Achim Derigs <Ac...@InnoviData.COM>.

Posted by Achim Derigs <Ac...@InnoviData.COM>.