Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Tim Willis <ti...@coderite.com> on 2000/04/12 21:17:01 UTC

Win32 installation difficulties

I've tried starting this several times, by using tomcat.conf, and
tomcat-apache.conf.  Tomcat seems to start, but hangs...

for what its worth, here's the contents of my tomcat.log file...

<l:addContext path="/examples"  docBase="webapps/examples" />
<l:addContext path=""  docBase="webapps/ROOT" />
<l:addContext path="/test"  docBase="webapps/test" />
<l:tomcat home="D:\Tomcat\jakarta-tomcat"
classPath="..\classes;..\lib\webserver.jar;..\lib\jasper.jar;..\lib\xml.jar;
..\lib\servlet.jar;\lib\tools.jar;.;d:\visualcafe\JAVA\LIB;d:\visualcafe\JAV
A\LIB\SYMCLASS.ZIP;d:\visualcafe\JAVA\LIB\CLASSES.ZIP;d:\visualcafe\JFC\SWIN
GALL.JAR;d:\visualcafe\BIN\COMPONENTS\SFC.JAR;d:\visualcafe\BIN\COMPONENTS\S
YMBEANS.JAR;d:\visualcafe\JAVA\LIB\ERADTOOLS.JAR;d:\visualcafe\JAVA\LIB\ERAD
PUBLIC.JAR;d:\visualcafe\JAVA\LIB\DBAW.ZIP;d:\visualcafe\BIN\COMPONENTS\DBAW
_AWT.JAR;d:\visualcafe\BIN\COMPONENTS\Databind.JAR;d:\visualcafe\JAVA\LIB\Co
llections.zip;d:\visualcafe\JAVA\LIB\icebrowserbean.jar;d:\visualcafe\JAVA\L
IB\jsdk.jar;;%VCAFE_ORB_CLASSPATH%;d:\visualcafe\JAVA\LIB\SYMTOOLS.JAR;d:\vi
sualcafe\JAVA\LIB\Olite35.JAR" />
<l:addContext path="/admin"  docBase="webapps/admin" />
<l:startEndpoint port="8080"
handler="org.apache.tomcat.service.http.HttpConnectionHandler" />
<l:startEndpoint port="8007"
handler="org.apache.tomcat.service.connector.Ajp12ConnectionHandler" />

...and the tomcat-apache.conf file

LoadModule jserv_module modules/ApacheModuleJServ.dll
ApJServManual on
ApJServDefaultProtocol ajpv12
ApJServSecretKey DISABLED
ApJServMountCopy on
ApJServLogLevel notice

ApJServDefaultPort 8007

AddType test/jsp .jsp
AddHandler jserv-servlet .jsp
Alias /examples D:\Tomcat\jakarta-tomcat\webapps\examples
<Directory "D:\Tomcat\jakarta-tomcat\webapps\examples">
    Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
</Directory>
ApJServMount /examples/servlet /examples
<Location /examples/WEB-INF/ >
    AllowOverride None
    deny from all
</Location>

Alias /test D:\Tomcat\jakarta-tomcat\webapps\test
<Directory "D:\Tomcat\jakarta-tomcat\webapps\test">
    Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
</Directory>
ApJServMount /test/servlet /test
<Location /test/WEB-INF/ >
    AllowOverride None
    deny from all
</Location>

ApJServMount /servlet /ROOT

If anyone has the time to help me work this out, I'd be very gratefull.