Posted to user@vcl.apache.org by Michael Jinks <mj...@uchicago.edu> on 2012/07/06 20:43:14 UTC

VCL: warnings for reservation timeout?

We've noticed that when a reservation times out, the system drops its
public NIC off the wire without any warning.  I can imagine some pretty
unhappy users who lose track of time and lose work when they get cut
off.  Has anyone engineered some kind of warning notice for this?

Thanks.

--
Michael Jinks :: mjinks@uchicago.edu
University of Chicago IT Services

Re: [vcl-team] Re: VCL: warnings for reservation timeout?

Posted by Michael Jinks <mj...@uchicago.edu>.
It just occurred to me to ask: if the popups aren't occurring, where
would we look for an indication of a problem?  vcld log on the
management node?  Any telltale strings we might grep for?

Posted by Michael Jinks <mj...@uchicago.edu>.
Hi Josh.

Posted by Josh Thompson <jo...@ncsu.edu>.
Michael,