Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Chris Newland <cn...@nortelnetworks.com> on 2000/05/18 12:54:34 UTC

Using XSP parameters inside a template tag

Hi,

Is it possible to use a parameter you have defined in the xsp:logic section
of an xml page to pass a parameter to an xsl stylesheet template:

<page>

<xsp:logic>

String link="www.foo.com";

</xsp:logic>

<my_template url="{@link}"/>

</page>

Where: (in the XSL sheet)

<xsl:template match="my_template ">
	<xsl:apply-templates/>
</xsl:template>

When I try this, the destination of the link is the literal {@link} so the
variable substitution I expected did not occur.

Can somebody tell me if this is possible and what I might be doing wrong?

Chris Newland
Software Research Engineer
Advanced IP Services and Management
Nortel Networks, London Road, Harlow, Essex, CM17 9NA.
Tel:   +44(0)1279 405165
Fax:   +44(0)1279 402047
Email: cnewland@nortelnetworks.com
"This message may contain information proprietary to Nortel Networks
so any unauthorised disclosure, copying or distribution of its
contents is strictly prohibited."
Company name: Nortel Networks plc
Company number: 2515751
Company's registered office address: Maidenhead Office Park,
Westacott Way, Maidenhead, Berkshire SL6 3QH.

Re: Using XSP parameters inside a template tag

Posted by Ulrich Mayring <ul...@denic.de>.
Chris Newland wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is it possible to use a parameter you have defined in the xsp:logic section
> of an xml page to pass a parameter to an xsl stylesheet template:
>
> <page>
>
> <xsp:logic>
>
> String link="www.foo.com";
>
> </xsp:logic>
>
> <my_template url="{@link}"/>

If you want to reference the String link, you have to write
<xsp:expr>link</xsp:expr>

Ulrich

--
Ulrich Mayring