Posted to pluto-dev@portals.apache.org by Zhong ZHENG <he...@gmail.com> on 2006/02/10 19:46:45 UTC

[PROPOSAL] repackage the container module

Hi,

I think that may be good for pluto to have a standard container API before
we release
the 1.1.0-beta version.

We may better re-organize the container classes by putting all service
provider API
(all required / optional service interfaces) into an spi package, putting
pluto-specific
portlet api (InternalPortletRequest/InternalPortletResponse/wrapper classes)
into
the portlet package, and putting impls of the portlet API interfaces
(PortletRequestImpl,
PortletResponseImpl...) into the portlet.impl package, etc.

In this way, the developers who want to integrate pluto into their portal
solution
may have a clearer API.

What's your opinion?

Regards.
--
ZHENG Zhong
- http://heavyz.blogspot.com/

Re: [PROPOSAL] repackage the container module

Posted by Zhong ZHENG <he...@gmail.com>.
Done.

I changed the name of PortletPreference to InternalPortletPreference.
IMHO, the original name is a little confusing with
javax.portlet.PortletPreferences.

I moved that interface into package org.apache.pluto.internal, since it is
an internal interface used by Pluto.

Regards.

Posted by "David H. DeWolf" <dd...@apache.org>.

Posted by Zhong ZHENG <he...@gmail.com>.
Plan of the next step:

Posted by Zhong ZHENG <he...@gmail.com>.
I've finished the refactoring work.

Regards.

--

Posted by CD...@hannaford.com.
Zheng,

Thank you for all your hard work! Please let us know when you have
finished with the refactoring work that you are currently doing.

TIA
/Craig

"Zhong ZHENG" <he...@gmail.com>
02/23/2006 01:01 PM