Posted to wss4j-dev@ws.apache.org by Da...@swisscom.com on 2005/12/14 17:36:23 UTC

WSS4J and SHA-256

Hi @ll,

I'm looking for information about WSS4J and SHA-256, but
could not find anything on the web.

Is it possbile to use SHA-256 for creating signatures
in WSS4J? If yes then how can I configure that?

As much I know is this implemented by the Bouncy Castle
Crypto Framework. The WSS4J Framework 1.1.0 comes with the
bouncycastle 1.30 that includes SHA-256 under
org.bouncycastle.crypto.digests.SHA256Digest.class.

Thx for helping!

/greetz
Dani

Re: WSS4J and SHA-256

Posted by Werner Dittmann <We...@t-online.de>.
Daniel,

thw XML security specs do not define SHA-256 as a digest to
use AFAIK. WSS4J implementation is according to the specs, thus
we donnot support a setting for SHA-256. Such a setting must
also be synchronized with e.g. the XML Signature implementation
of xml-sec

Regadds,
Werner

Re: WSS4J and SHA-256