Posted to dev@cxf.apache.org by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com> on 2008/03/19 03:08:43 UTC

how many copies of hello_world.wsdl

I can't quite prove it, but it appears that conflicting files named
'hello_world.wsdl' cause systests that pass in mvn to fail in Eclipse.

One contributor seems to be a file in integrations/jbi that isn't used.

As an experiment, I've renamed it, and I'm seeing if I can make anything
bust.

If I felt more confident that I could tell if anything was using it, I'd try
deleting it altogether.

Re: how many copies of hello_world.wsdl

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
On Tuesday 18 March 2008, Benson Margulies wrote:
> I can't quite prove it, but it appears that conflicting files named
> 'hello_world.wsdl' cause systests that pass in mvn to fail in Eclipse.
>
> One contributor seems to be a file in integrations/jbi that isn't
> used.
>
> As an experiment, I've renamed it, and I'm seeing if I can make
> anything bust.
>
> If I felt more confident that I could tell if anything was using it,
> I'd try deleting it altogether.

Yea.   This is definitely an issue.   In mvn, the "test" scope stuff is
not available in other modules, so it doesn't interfere.  However, the
eclipse plugin sets up the eclipse projects to export everything.
Thus, the "wsdl" dir is available to all the dependent projects.   The
javascript version bit me last week so I renamed it yesterday. (I
renamed the whole dir to javascript_wsdl to avoid any future conflicts)
Apparently, there are others.

I THINK the new version of the eclipse plugin released yesterday does a
slightly better job by allowing the order to be based on the deps in the
pom so we could put testutils first.   That said, I haven't tried it
yet.   I know it breaks the code to setup the eclipse workspace as the
goal to add the M2_REPO variable is gone.

--
J. Daniel Kulp
Principal Engineer, IONA