Posted to ojb-user@db.apache.org by Luis Cruz <Lu...@ist.utl.pt> on 2003/12/26 19:39:53 UTC

Optimistic Locking - simple question

Hello,

To use the Optimistic Locking feature provided by OJB does the
ACKOPTLOCK column have to be added to every table, or just the ones
defined in the user mapping? My question is due to the presence
indirection tables not "defined" in the user mapping.

Thanks in advance,
Luis Cruz

Re: Optimistic Locking - simple question

Posted by Thomas Mahler <th...@web.de>.
Hi Luis,

Luis Cruz wrote:
> Hello,
>
> To use the Optimistic Locking feature provided by OJB does the
> ACKOPTLOCK column have to be added to every table, or just the ones
> defined in the user mapping?

You have to add a version column only for those classes that have an
optimistic locking attribute (= column in the db table).

There is no need to modify OJB system tables.

> My question is due to the presence
> indirection tables not "defined" in the user mapping.

As the such "transparent" indirection tables only have columns that are
part of the primary key, there is no need to have "version" columns on them.

cu,
Thomas