Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by Steve Duncan <sd...@ksg.harvard.edu> on 2003/11/16 06:48:17 UTC

Default Publication Issues and questions

Configuration
xalan 2.5.1, xerces2.5.0, xsltc-20030211.jar xml-apis.jar
lenya - taken from cvs last night - updated with -P today
cocoon - 2.1.2
jdk  - j2sdk1.4.1_05
tomcat - 4.1.27-LE
redhat

----Questions------
1) Does anyone outside of the developers have the default publication
working?

2)What are the files and versions we should have in our endorsed directory?
I saw a post by Michi on 10/26 that lists he is using xalan-2.5.0.jar
xercesImpl-2.4.0.jar  xml-apis.jar  xsltc-20030211.jar.  xsltc-20030211.jar
is not included in the endorsed directory of cocoon2.1.2.   Andreas has
recommended to try a nightly build from
http://cvs.apache.org/dist/xalan-j/nightly/2003-09-09/.

3) What is the difference between the versions held in the cvs(main, head,
etc) and which ones should the general users be using?

----Issues -----
Going through the tutorial on the default pub
1) File New Document - The form  appears for create a new document
2) Fill out the form and click create
The following error appears.  There is no unizh publication within the pubs
directory

 An Error Occurred org.apache.lenya.cms.task.ExecutionException
/opt/build/jakarta-tomcat-4.1.27-LE-jdk14/webapps/lenya/lenya/pubs/default/c
onfig/tasks/targets.xml:210: java.io.FileNotFoundException:
/opt/build/jakarta-tomcat-4.1.27-LE-jdk14/webapps/lenya/lenya/pubs/unizh/xsl
t/authoring/addMetaData.xsl (No such file or directory)
[...]
t/authoring/addMetaData.xsl (No such file or directory) at

Editing the default publication
Editing with bxe works fine for the blog publication
Trying to edit with the default publication
1) logged in as editor
2) selected the Concepts(english only) link
3) select edit - edit with BXE
4) the url is
http://ksgportal.harvard.edu:8080/lenya/default/authoring/concepts.html?&lenya.event=edit&lenya.usecase=bxeng&lenya.step=open
the follow error appears
 An Error Occurred org.apache.cocoon.ResourceNotFoundException No pipeline
matched request: default/authoring/concepts.html
org.apache.cocoon.ResourceNotFoundException: No pipeline matched request:
default/authoring/concepts.html org.apache.cocoon.ResourceNotFoundException:
No pipeline matched request: default/authoring/concepts.html
org.apache.cocoon.ResourceNotFoundException: No pipeline matched request:
default/authoring/concepts.html at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.PipelineNode.invoke(Pipel
ineNode.java:167) at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.AbstractParentProcessingNode.invo
keNodes(AbstractParentProcessingNode.java:108) at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.PipelinesNode.invoke(Pipe
linesNode.java:161) at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.TreeProcessor.process(TreeProcess
or.java:351) at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.TreeProcessor.process(TreeProcess
or.java:304) at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.MountNode.invoke(MountNod
e.java:130) at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.AbstractParentProcessingNode.invo
keNodes(AbstractParentProcessingNode.java:84) at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.PreparableMatchNode.invok
e(PreparableMatchNode.java:164) at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.AbstractParentProcessingNode.invo
keNodes(AbstractParentProcessingNode.java:108) at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.PipelineNode.invoke(Pipel
ineNode.java:163) at
[...]
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.ActTypeNode.invoke(ActTyp
eNode.java:176) at
[...]
or.java:304) at org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon.process(Cocoon.java:640) at
org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet.service(CocoonServlet.java:1104) at
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853) at
FilterChain.java:247) at
ain.java:193) at
va:256) at
eNext(StandardPipeline.java:643) at
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:995) at
va:191) at
eNext(StandardPipeline.java:643) at
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:995) at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.invoke(StandardContext.java:2416)
at
) at
eNext(StandardPipeline.java:643) at
java:171) at
eNext(StandardPipeline.java:641) at
org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:172
) at
eNext(StandardPipeline.java:641) at
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:995) at
:174) at
eNext(StandardPipeline.java:643) at
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:995) at
org.apache.coyote.tomcat4.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:223) at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:601)
at
ction(Http11Protocol.java:392) at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:565)
at
a:619) at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:536)

Re: Default Publication Issues and questions

Posted by Christian Egli <ch...@wyona.net>.
"Steve Duncan" <sd...@ksg.harvard.edu> writes:

> Hi Gregor
>     I just updated from the cvs,  reset , and installed , looks like the
> unizh resources have been moved over  but the isssue with the document type
> is still there and is a showstopper for the default pub as you really can't
> do anything(create - edit) at this point.

Do you still have this problem. I changed some things in the default
publication last week, e.g. the document-type resolvement is no longer
done via the documenttype declaration but using the namespace of the
root element now.

Can you give it a try and if it doesn't work do an entry in bugzilla?

Thanks.

--
Christian Egli       christian.egli@wyona.com   +41 1 272 9161
                     Wyona AG, Hardstrasse 219, CH-8005 Zurich

Re: Default Publication Issues and questions

Posted by Steve Duncan <sd...@ksg.harvard.edu>.
Hi Gregor
    I just updated from the cvs,  reset , and installed , looks like the
unizh resources have been moved over  but the isssue with the document type
is still there and is a showstopper for the default pub as you really can't
do anything(create - edit) at this point.

Thanks
Steve

"Gregor J. Rothfuss" <gr...@apache.org> wrote in message
> Steve Duncan wrote:
>
> > I got it so that I can now add new docs to the default pub.  Here is
what I
> > did
> >
> > 1) Copied addMetaData.xsl  and linkRewrite.xsl to
lenya/pubs/default/xslt

Posted by "Gregor J. Rothfuss" <gr...@apache.org>.

Posted by Steve Duncan <sd...@ksg.harvard.edu>.
I got it so that I can now add new docs to the default pub.  Here is what I
did

1) Copied addMetaData.xsl  and linkRewrite.xsl to lenya/pubs/default/xslt

2) Made changes to addMetaData.xsl

a.Added the following  in order that the page-envelope:document-type value
gets set.
=====addMetaData.xsl ==========
<xsl:output method="xml"
  encoding="UTF-8"
  indent="yes"
  standalone="yes"
  doctype-public="-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN"
  doctype-system="http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"/>

b.removed the unizh namespace

c. made "http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" the default namespace

3) Changed references in pubs/default/config/tasks/targets.xml to
addMetaData.xsl and linkRewrite.xsl to link to the files in the default pub
not unizh

Not sure if it is all necessary or the best way of doing it, but it is
working.
Steve

"Steve Duncan" <sd...@ksg.harvard.edu> wrote in message
> Hi Gregor
>        That seems to be part of the issue but has not fully resolved being
> able to successfully create new docs in the default pub.  For some reason,
> the line

> is missing from newly created docs. I think it has something to do with
the
> namespace declarations but have not been able to figure it out.  As soon
as
> I add that line to the new create file I can view it.  Also the
> addMetaData.xsl file and the resulting transformed file has some
references
> to the unizh namespace, not sure if they should be included if you are
going
> to make it generic.
>
> Thanks
> Steve
>
> "Gregor J. Rothfuss" <gr...@apache.org> wrote in message
> > Steve Duncan wrote:
> >
> > > I think I see why things are being directed to the publication unizh.
> In
> > > the file
"lenya/src/webapp/lenya/pubs/default/config/tasks/targets.xml",

Posted by Steve Duncan <sd...@ksg.harvard.edu>.
Hi Gregor

Posted by "Gregor J. Rothfuss" <gr...@apache.org>.

Posted by Steve Duncan <sd...@ksg.harvard.edu>.