Posted to dev@lenya.apache.org by Thorsten Scherler <th...@wyona.com> on 2005/08/30 17:43:42 UTC

lenya website and docu

Hi all,

I just deployed our website and looking on the result of an "svn st|
grep ?" raises a couple of questions.
?      docs
?      installation
?      docu.html
?      docu.pdf
?      1_4/concepts/usecase-framework
?      1_4/concepts/publication-templating
?      1_4/reference/modules
?      community/meetings.pdf
?      community/meetings.html
?      skin/translations
?      skin/CommonMessages_de.xml
?      skin/CommonMessages_es.xml
?      skin/CommonMessages_fr.xml
?      skin/CommonMessages_en_US.xml
?      skin/images/txtdoc.png
?      skin/images/txtdoc.svg.xslt
?      skin/images/instruction_arrow.png
?      images/fix.jpg
?      images/instruction_arrow.png
?      images/live/lenya-page-processing.png
?      1_2_x/specs

Why are in the documentation pages that are not under version control?

Some of them seem to be old some new, some are linked under the menu,
other not. Some seem to come from forrest (skin/Co*) 0.7.

Actually I do not know what to do about this files. Please everybody
review this list, that I clean up our docu.

salu2
--
Thorsten Scherler

Re: lenya website and docu

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.
Gregor J. Rothfuss wrote:
> Thorsten Scherler wrote:

>> ?      1_4/concepts/usecase-framework
>> ?      1_4/concepts/publication-templating
>> ?      1_4/reference/modules

I guess they are stale - they probably have just been moved and re-added
at another location.

-- Andreas

Re: lenya website and docu

Posted by Thorsten Scherler <th...@apache.org>.
On Tue, 2005-08-30 at 11:54 -0400, Gregor J. Rothfuss wrote:
> Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I just deployed our website and looking on the result of an "svn st|
> > grep ?" raises a couple of questions.
> > ?      docs
> > ?      installation
>
> definitely wrong. everything goes under 1.2.x/ or 1.4/

my fault, old stuff that was sitting on my hd.

> > ?      docu.html
> > ?      docu.pdf
>
> the all in one docs were disabled for a while because they were broken.
> did you fix them?

I just saw, need to have a look on it. Cheers.

> > ?      1_4/concepts/usecase-framework
> > ?      1_4/concepts/publication-templating

not linked in the site.xml and new

> > ?      1_4/reference/modules
>
> new

new

> > ?      community/meetings.pdf
> > ?      community/meetings.html
>
> ?

Not linked in site.xml

> > ?      skin/translations
> > ?      skin/CommonMessages_de.xml
> > ?      skin/CommonMessages_es.xml
> > ?      skin/CommonMessages_fr.xml
> > ?      skin/CommonMessages_en_US.xml
> > ?      skin/images/txtdoc.png
> > ?      skin/images/txtdoc.svg.xslt
> > ?      skin/images/instruction_arrow.png
> > ?      images/fix.jpg
> > ?      images/instruction_arrow.png
>
> these seem to be forrest artefacts. so far we have always built with
> 0.6, this must be new stuff in 0.7+

Actually I used 0.6 as well because under 0.8-dev forrest throws heaps
of errors. :(

> > ?      1_2_x/specs
>  > ?      images/live/lenya-page-processing.png
>
> i wasn't aware of new 'specs' for 1.2..

Not linked in site.xml

Cheers Gregor for your quick feedback.

Still there are some docs that are not linked, is this by purpose?
Please whoever wrote this docs, speak up. ;-)

salu2
--
thorsten

"Together we stand, divided we fall!"
Hey you (Pink Floyd)

Re: lenya website and docu

Posted by "Gregor J. Rothfuss" <gr...@apache.org>.
Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I just deployed our website and looking on the result of an "svn st|
> grep ?" raises a couple of questions.
> ?      docs
> ?      installation

definitely wrong. everything goes under 1.2.x/ or 1.4/

> ?      docu.html
> ?      docu.pdf

the all in one docs were disabled for a while because they were broken.
did you fix them?

> ?      1_4/concepts/usecase-framework
> ?      1_4/concepts/publication-templating
> ?      1_4/reference/modules

new

?