Posted to dev@airflow.apache.org by Tomasz Urbaszek <tu...@gmail.com> on 2021/02/20 06:40:37 UTC

Create official Apache Airflow publication on Medium.com

Hello,

Currently our community have a blog on our official website:
http://airflow.apache.org/blog/

But I was wondering if it would make sense to create official Apache
Airflow publication on medium.com which is much more often used for
publishing blogspot:
https://help.medium.com/hc/en-us/articles/115004681607-Getting-started-with-a-Medium-publication

There are currently many Airflow related posts that are not associated
with any existing publication. By creating an Airflow umbrella we may
achieve few things:
- collect many Airflow posts in one place (one publication)
- increase audience and reach of all those posts
- improve even more the Apache Airflow public image

What do you think?

Cheers,
Tomek

Re: Create official Apache Airflow publication on Medium.com

Posted by Iuliia Volkova <xn...@gmail.com>.
Hi all! I'm not a very active member of the community, but read dev mails &
use Airflow time-to-time.

I have a several publications (but they almost 2 years old and more, but I
see that people still read them) relative to Apache Airflow - like this
https://medium.com/analytics-vidhya/airflow-xcom-pull-and-push-under-the-hood-multiple-value-from-different-dags-and-etc-2b9b3a942299
and several more here https://xnuinside.medium.com/.

If needed - I will be glad to  add my articles to Apache Airflow
Publications.
And if there will be some not covered topics that are interested by
communities I also can help with covering it by tutorials/or guides of
course if help will be needed :).

Have a nice day!

--
_________
Best regards,

Re: Create official Apache Airflow publication on Medium.com

Posted by Tomasz Urbaszek <tu...@apache.org>.
Austin the API idea sounds interesting but I'm afraid that this may
create an unnecessary overhead for now - it's an additional thing to
manage and we have to somehow store credentials.

The overall response seems to be quite positive so I will create the
publication later this week.

T.

Posted by Austin Bennett <wh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Hitesh Gupta <ca...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mara Ruvalcaba <ma...@sg.com.mx>.

Posted by Tomasz Urbaszek <tu...@apache.org>.

Posted by Tomasz Urbaszek <tu...@apache.org>.

Posted by Ryan Hatter <ry...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Deng Xiaodong <xd...@gmail.com>.
It's a good idea to me!

Posted by Jarek Potiuk <ja...@potiuk.com>.

--
+48 660 796 129

Re: Create official Apache Airflow publication on Medium.com

Posted by Tomasz Urbaszek <tu...@apache.org>.
Here's the dev.to organisation:
https://dev.to/apache-airflow

In case of dev.to to add a post to org you need to join the org first. To
do this we need to share a secret code with you. So, same as with medium -
please reach to me if you are interested and I will share the secret.

Cheers,
Tomek

Posted by Leah Cole <co...@google.com.INVALID>.

Posted by Tobiasz Kędzierski <to...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Tomasz Urbaszek <tu...@apache.org>.
Hello all,

Posted by Jarek Potiuk <ja...@potiuk.com>.

--
+48 660 796 129

Re: Create official Apache Airflow publication on Medium.com

Posted by Abdur-Rahmaan Janhangeer <ar...@gmail.com>.
Great if like that did not know (that not all requires registration),
but it's supporting Medium to make money ~

I should add no syntax highlighting for codes (last time i checked, but it
indeed is
a sleek experience writing articles).

Another thing i guessed was some occasional dev.to spotlights. Apologies for
medium misunderstanding

Posted by Abdur-Rahmaan Janhangeer <ar...@gmail.com>.
I did not mention paywall,
i said requires registration after
3 article views

Re: Create official Apache Airflow publication on Medium.com

Posted by Kaxil Naik <ka...@gmail.com>.
Didn't know that, in that case I have no issues with medium publications. :)

Let's do it..

Posted by Jarek Potiuk <ja...@potiuk.com>.

--
+48 660 796 129

Re: Create official Apache Airflow publication on Medium.com

Posted by Jarek Potiuk <ja...@potiuk.com>.

--
+48 660 796 129

Re: Create official Apache Airflow publication on Medium.com

Posted by Tomasz Urbaszek <tu...@apache.org>.

Posted by Iuliia Volkova <xn...@gmail.com>.

--
_________
Best regards,

Re: Create official Apache Airflow publication on Medium.com

Posted by Kaxil Naik <ka...@gmail.com>.