Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by tarunk <ta...@gmail.com> on 2019/06/13 07:50:55 UTC

Stop JVM on network Segmenation

Hi All,

We wants to use a segmentation policy in a way, that with network
segmentation the jvm process should stop. The standard policy I found in
ignite is RESTART/STOP/NOOP(default), here the stop policy is only stopping
the node, not the JVM.

Is there any policy/way to stop the JVM on network segmentation ?

Thanks
Tarun

Re: Stop JVM on network Segmenation

Posted by Ilya Kasnacheev <il...@gmail.com>.
Hello!

I guess that you only need to define IGNITE_SUCCESS_FILE
system property pointing to nonexistent but creatabe file to be able to use
RESTART_JVM. Then JVM will stopped on segmentation and you can detect this
event by creation of aforementioned file and also by retval of 250.

Ilya Kasnacheev

Posted by Павлухин Иван <vo...@gmail.com>.
Hi Taruk,

There is no such thing out of box. You can try to use
org.apache.ignite.Ignition#addListener and handle
org.apache.ignite.IgniteState#STOPPED_ON_SEGMENTATION state change
according to your needs.

Perhaps, if you can describe why do you need a specific handling then
the Community might suggest other options.

пн, 17 июн. 2019 г. в 12:22, tarunk <ta...@gmail.com>:

> Hi All,
>
> Can anyone please help with below original query ?

Best regards,
Ivan Pavlukhin

Re: Stop JVM on network Segmenation

Posted by tarunk <ta...@gmail.com>.
Hi All,

Posted by tarunk <ta...@gmail.com>.
@akurbanov,  Its being started by shell script, it runs as an application
inside docker.

Thanks

Re: Stop JVM on network Segmenation

Posted by akurbanov <an...@gmail.com>.
How do you start your nodes? Using a shell script or just as an application?