Posted to dev@deltacloud.apache.org by David Lutterkort <lu...@redhat.com> on 2012/05/23 19:13:01 UTC

Our public API site (cavia.deltacloud.org)

I've been meaning to write this up for a while, but haven't since I've
been meaning to clean up the setup, but haven't. So, here goes:

cavia.deltacloud.org runs the two public API endpoints
https://api.deltacloud.org/ (latest released/stable version) and
https://dev.deltacloud.org/ (somehwat recent git checkout)

Internally, the sites are proxied through Apache (configs
in /etc/httpd/conf.d/ssl.conf); the thin servers run as user 'lutter'.
There are two scripts to (re)start the servers ~lutter/bin/prod for
api.dc.org and ~lutter/bin/dev for dev.dc.org. The stable version runs
off a gem install of deltacloud core in ~lutter/gems; the dev version
runs off a git checkout in ~lutter/code/deltacloud

Right now, I am the only one who can log into the machine, which is not
ideal; Michal and Marios, please send me public ssh keys so I can
rectify that.

Things I would like to improve, that an enterprising soul might want to
work on:

      * Make the setup reproducible (at a minimum, check all config
        files etc. into git, ideally puppetize the whole thing)
      * Automate refreshing of the dev.dc.org server so it's never more
        than a day behind git HEAD
      * Run the CIMI (and EC2) frontends in addition to the 'classic'
        frontend
      * Run the CIMI test webapp
      * Host yard docs for stable and dev on the site

David