Posted to dev@hive.apache.org by ankit bhatnagar <ab...@gmail.com> on 2011/05/08 02:05:24 UTC

Fwd: Custom Serde with thorn

Hi

I am facing a weird issue with the file parsing. My log files have a thorn
'þ' as separator.
I tried writing a test case for deserializer  and kind of confused by the
fact it works fine as I pass the line to the deserializer, however when i
run it on hive the line is not split into columns and table inside hive has
thorn as it is.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Ankit

Re: Custom Serde with thorn

Posted by "Aaron T. Myers" <at...@cloudera.com>.
Hi Ankit,

Per a discussion on the CDH user mailing list a few months ago, I don't
believe this is presently possible. See this thread for more info:
https://groups.google.com/a/cloudera.org/group/cdh-user/browse_thread/thread/346930934093b8a2/04c4a378b14eda56

--
Aaron T. Myers
Software Engineer, Cloudera