Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by "Shults, Benji" <Be...@ecologicanalytics.com> on 2013/02/18 17:41:05 UTC

ehcache version issue

I’m using CXF 2.7.3 but I have to use ehcache 1.2.3 due to other packages that can’t be upgraded yet.

There is a binary incompatibility between these ehcache versions that expresses itself in the stack trace below.

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: net.sf.ehcache.CacheManager.getName&#40;&#41;Ljava/lang/String&#59;
                at org.apache.cxf.ws.security.cache.EHCacheManagerHolder.getCacheManager(EHCacheManagerHolder.java:81)
                at org.apache.cxf.ws.security.cache.EHCacheReplayCache.<init>(EHCacheReplayCache.java:54)
                at org.apache.cxf.ws.security.cache.EHCacheReplayCacheFactory.newReplayCache(EHCacheReplayCacheFactory.java:34)
                at org.apache.cxf.ws.security.wss4j.WSS4JUtils.getReplayCache(WSS4JUtils.java:79)
                at org.apache.cxf.ws.security.wss4j.WSS4JInInterceptor.getReplayCache(WSS4JInInterceptor.java:740)
                at org.apache.cxf.ws.security.wss4j.WSS4JInInterceptor.handleMessage(WSS4JInInterceptor.java:247)
                at org.apache.cxf.ws.security.wss4j.WSS4JInInterceptor.handleMessage(WSS4JInInterceptor.java:93)
                at org.apache.cxf.phase.PhaseInterceptorChain.doIntercept(PhaseInterceptorChain.java:271)
                at org.apache.cxf.transport.ChainInitiationObserver.onMessage(ChainInitiationObserver.java:121)
                at org.apache.cxf.transport.http.AbstractHTTPDestination.invoke(AbstractHTTPDestination.java:239)
                at org.apache.cxf.transport.servlet.ServletController.invokeDestination(ServletController.java:218)
                at org.apache.cxf.transport.servlet.ServletController.invoke(ServletController.java:198)
                at org.apache.cxf.transport.servlet.ServletController.invoke(ServletController.java:137)
                at org.apache.cxf.transport.servlet.CXFNonSpringServlet.invoke(CXFNonSpringServlet.java:158)
                at org.apache.cxf.transport.servlet.AbstractHTTPServlet.handleRequest(AbstractHTTPServlet.java:243)
                at org.apache.cxf.transport.servlet.AbstractHTTPServlet.doPost(AbstractHTTPServlet.java:163)
                at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:727)
                at org.apache.cxf.transport.servlet.AbstractHTTPServlet.service(AbstractHTTPServlet.java:219)
                at weblogic.servlet.internal.StubSecurityHelper$ServletServiceAction.run(StubSecurityHelper.java:227)
                at weblogic.servlet.internal.StubSecurityHelper.invokeServlet(StubSecurityHelper.java:125)
                at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.execute(ServletStubImpl.java:301)
                at weblogic.servlet.internal.TailFilter.doFilter(TailFilter.java:26)
                at weblogic.servlet.internal.FilterChainImpl.doFilter(FilterChainImpl.java:56)
                at org.springframework.security.web.FilterChainProxy.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:162)
                at org.springframework.web.filter.DelegatingFilterProxy.invokeDelegate(DelegatingFilterProxy.java:237)
                at org.springframework.web.filter.DelegatingFilterProxy.doFilter(DelegatingFilterProxy.java:167)
                at weblogic.servlet.internal.FilterChainImpl.doFilter(FilterChainImpl.java:56)
                at com.ecologic.components.server.i18n.SetCharacterEncodingFilter.doFilterInternal(SetCharacterEncodingFilter.java:56)
                at org.springframework.web.filter.OncePerRequestFilter.doFilter(OncePerRequestFilter.java:76)
                at weblogic.servlet.internal.FilterChainImpl.doFilter(FilterChainImpl.java:56)
                at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext$ServletInvocationAction.wrapRun(WebAppServletContext.java:3730)
                at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext$ServletInvocationAction.run(WebAppServletContext.java:3696)
                at weblogic.security.acl.internal.AuthenticatedSubject.doAs(AuthenticatedSubject.java:321)
                at weblogic.security.service.SecurityManager.runAs(SecurityManager.java:120)
                at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.securedExecute(WebAppServletContext.java:2273)
                at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.execute(WebAppServletContext.java:2179)
                at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletRequestImpl.run(ServletRequestImpl.java:1490)
                at weblogic.work.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:256)
                at weblogic.work.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.java:221)

I was going to try to recompile ReplayCacheFactory to have it always return an in-memory cache.  Is there another suggestion?

Cheers,

Benji

Benji Shults PhD
Senior Software Engineer
[cid:image001.jpg@01CE0DC4.74503E10]
1650 W 82nd ST<http://g.co/maps/ypezy> STE 1100
Bloomington MN 55431-1419
phone: (952) 843-7572
mobile: (763) 772-2899
e-mail: benji.shults@ecologicanalytics.com<ma...@ecologicanalytics.com>
website: www.ecologicanalytics.com<http://www.ecologicanalytics.com/>

P PLEASE CONSIDER OUR ENVIRONMENT BEFORE PRINTING THIS EMAIL.

This e-mail (including any attachments) is confidential and may be legally privileged. If you are not an intended recipient or an authorized representative of an intended recipient, you are prohibited from using, copying or distributing the information in this e-mail or its attachments. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and delete all copies of this message and any attachments. Thank you.

Re: ehcache version issue

Posted by Colm O hEigeartaigh <co...@apache.org>.
Hi Benji,

Why not use your own ReplayCache implementations based on the older version
of EhCache you are using?

Colm.

--
Colm O hEigeartaigh

Talend Community Coder
http://coders.talend.com

RE: ehcache version issue

Posted by "Shults, Benji" <Be...@ecologicanalytics.com>.
In case this helps someone else, here is what I ended up doing.  This got us around the issue.

Also, if anyone sees something non-optimal with this approach, please let me know.

These two beans:

	<!-- The following two beans are set because we are using such an old version
		of ehcache. Delete these when we upgrade EhCache. -->
	<bean id="nonceMemoryReplayCache" class="org.apache.ws.security.cache.MemoryReplayCache" />
	<bean id="timestampMemoryReplayCache" class="org.apache.ws.security.cache.MemoryReplayCache" />

RE: ehcache version issue