Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Pankaj Gupta <pa...@hsc.com> on 2006/07/06 10:22:24 UTC

How to pass request attribute to a JSP

Hi All,

I want to use same JSP for reading and editing -  meaning that if I pass
an attribute like read=true all text fields should be disabled. How can
I do it? How can I specify a parameter in my forward like
 <forward name="success" path="/readWrite.jsp?read='true'"
contextRelative="false"/>
 <forward name="successWrite" path="/readWrite.jsp"
contextRelative="false"/>

regards,
Pankaj

Re: How to pass request attribute to a JSP

Posted by Antonio Petrelli <br...@tariffenet.it>.
Pankaj Gupta ha scritto:
> Hi All,
>
> I want to use same JSP for reading and editing -  meaning that if I
> pass an attribute like read=true all text fields should be disabled.
> How can I do it? How can I specify a parameter in my forward like
> <forward name="success" path="/readWrite.jsp?read='true'"
> contextRelative="false"/>
> <forward name="successWrite" path="/readWrite.jsp"
> contextRelative="false"/>

If you don't do a redirect, all request attributes are already there, if
you don't remove them explicitly.
Ciao
Antonio