Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Antonio Gallardo <ag...@agssa.net> on 2004/07/11 23:45:34 UTC

convert o.a.c.util.JavaArchiveFilter.java to a inner class

Hi:

This class:

http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/cocoon-2.1/src/java/org/apache/cocoon/util/JavaArchiveFilter.java?annotate=1.2

is only used here at line 266:

http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/cocoon-2.1/src/blocks/xsp/java/org/apache/cocoon/components/language/programming/java/JavaLanguage.java?annotate=1.2

I think under this situation we can move it where is needed as a inner class.

WDYT?

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo

Re: convert o.a.c.util.JavaArchiveFilter.java to a inner class

Posted by Antonio Gallardo <ag...@agssa.net>.
Sylvain Wallez dijo:
> Antonio Gallardo wrote:
>
>>Hi:
>>
>>This class:
>>
>>http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/cocoon-2.1/src/java/org/apache/cocoon/util/JavaArchiveFilter.java?annotate=1.2
>>
>>is only used here at line 266:
>>
>>http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/cocoon-2.1/src/blocks/xsp/java/org/apache/cocoon/components/language/programming/java/JavaLanguage.java?annotate=1.2
>>
>>I think under this situation we can move it where is needed as a inner
>> class.
>>
>>WDYT?
>>

> It can even be a one-line anonymous inner class!
>
> Although I like the cleanup you're doing, I'm wondering about the
> removal of such classes. What if some people have used them in their
> projects?
>
> It would be better to deprecate it in 2.2 and remove it in 2.3 as
> suggested by Carsten for methods in IOUtils.

Yep. My idea was the same as you wrote. Sometime ago someone told me that
my english is too many descriptive. Now, I am trying to make a balance
between to much typing and send the right idea. ;-)

You are right, I mean create an anonymous inner class and deprecate the
old one for 2.2 and it will be removed in 2.3

Posted by Sylvain Wallez <sy...@apache.org>.
Antonio Gallardo wrote:

>Hi:
>
>This class:
>
>http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/cocoon-2.1/src/java/org/apache/cocoon/util/JavaArchiveFilter.java?annotate=1.2
>
>is only used here at line 266:
>
>http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/cocoon-2.1/src/blocks/xsp/java/org/apache/cocoon/components/language/programming/java/JavaLanguage.java?annotate=1.2
>
>I think under this situation we can move it where is needed as a inner class.
>
>WDYT?

It can even be a one-line anonymous inner class!

Although I like the cleanup you're doing, I'm wondering about the
removal of such classes. What if some people have used them in their
projects?

It would be better to deprecate it in 2.2 and remove it in 2.3 as
suggested by Carsten for methods in IOUtils.

Sylvain

RE: convert o.a.c.util.JavaArchiveFilter.java to a inner class

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@s-und-n.de>.
+1

Carsten