Posted to user@kylin.apache.org by Mars J <xu...@gmail.com> on 2016/02/23 10:54:11 UTC

kylin's compression problem when I comment the related items

Hello,
    I ran into a problem as the subject. Details as follow:

version of my envr
OS , CentOS 7
Apache Hadoop 2.7.2
Apache Hive 1.2.1
Apache HBase 1.1.3
Apache Kylin 1.2

I ran the ${KYLIN_HOME}/bin/sample.sh and build it,but the build progress
is Error.The log print error caused by RuntimeException: native snappy
library not available: this version of libhadoop was built without snappy
support.

I have already edit the conf/kylin.properties to set value to 'false' even
 delete all items which include compress,but the error log also shows the
information below:(at the same time, I have ignore the related items in
$HADOOP_HOME/etc/hadoop/mapred-site.xml)

SET mapreduce.job.split.metainfo.maxsize=-1;
SET mapred.compress.map.output=true;
SET mapred.map.output.compression.codec=org.apache.hadoop.io.compress.SnappyCodec;
SET mapred.output.compress=true;
SET mapred.output.compression.codec=org.apache.hadoop.io.compress.SnappyCodec;
SET mapred.output.compression.type=BLOCK;
SET mapreduce.job.max.split.locations=2000;
SET dfs.replication=2;
SET hive.merge.mapfiles=true;
SET hive.merge.mapredfiles=true;
SET hive.merge.size.per.task=268435456;
SET hive.support.concurrency=false;
SET hive.exec.compress.output=true;
SET hive.auto.convert.join.noconditionaltask = true;
SET hive.auto.convert.join.noconditionaltask.size = 300000000;

Why it execute the set statement after I ignore the compress items like
mapred.map.output.compress etc.

Is that some configurations I havn't done yet?

Re: kylin's compression problem when I comment the related items

Posted by Li Yang <li...@apache.org>.
Just looked at the software versions. Please get the "Binary Package (for
running on HBase 1.1.3 or above)" from http://kylin.apache.org/download/

The standard Kylin 1.2 does not run on HBase 1.x

Posted by yu feng <ol...@gmail.com>.