Posted to dev@atlas.apache.org by "Vinnakota, Bapi" <Ba...@verint.com> on 2021/10/13 18:44:51 UTC

Help deploying atlas

Hello folks, I have been struggling to get Atlas 2.2.0 working on my end and I was hoping someone could shed some light.

Background:

I read this blog post ages ago and used it as a baseline to get apache atlas 1.0 deployed onto an EMR node.

https://aws.amazon.com/blogs/big-data/metadata-classification-lineage-and-discovery-using-apache-atlas-on-amazon-emr/

which uses this script

https://s3.amazonaws.com/aws-bigdata-blog/artifacts/aws-blog-emr-atlas/apache-atlas-emr.sh

It basically leverages an EMR node’s pre-existing hive server and then the rest is just putting things in the right place.

I wanted to upgrade to 1.2.0 of Apache atlas, so I built it this way:

tar xvfz apache-atlas-2.2.0-sources.tar.gz
cd apache-atlas-sources-2.2.0/
export MAVEN_OPTS="-Xms2g -Xmx2g"
mvn clean -DskipTests package -Pdist,embedded-hbase-solr

Finally, I modified the script above to ensure that the right versions of the jars are in the right place etc (the exact same process I followed for the 1.0.0 to 1.2.0 upgrade).

However, I see several errors in the embedded solr with regards to collection creation and it appears that the atlas_start.py script fails to bring up solr properly.

Is there a recommended procedure on how to run all of this or really anyone with any experience in doing so?

Thank you in advance for any assistance regarding this.

Sincerely,
Bapi

Ce message électronique peut contenir de l’information confidentielle appartenant à Verint Systems Inc., ses sociétés affiliées et/ou filiales. L’information est à l’usage du destinataire mentionné ci-haut seulement.
Si vous n’êtes pas le destinataire de ce courrier électronique (ou autorisé à recevoir ce courrier électronique pour le destinataire), vous ne pouvez pas utiliser, copier, divulguer ou distribuer à d’autres personnes ce message ou toute information contenue dans ce message. Si vous avez reçu ce message électronique par erreur, veuillez nous en informer en répondant à ce courriel.

This electronic message may contain proprietary and confidential information of Verint Systems Inc., its affiliates and/or subsidiaries. The information is intended to be for the use of the individual(s) or entity(ies) named above. If you are not the intended recipient (or authorized to receive this e-mail for the intended recipient), you may not use, copy, disclose or distribute to anyone this message or any information contained in this message. If you have received this electronic message in error, please notify us by replying to this e-mail.