Posted to c-users@xalan.apache.org by Michal Pietrusinski <Mi...@fuw.edu.pl> on 2004/01/20 02:16:41 UTC

1.7 compilation with BCB5 fails

Dear All,
I have problems compiling Xalan 1.7 with C++ Builder 5.
I do not have include file LocalMsgIndex.hpp, which is included in file
XalanMessageLoader.hpp.
I tried commenting out the line:
#include <LocalMsgIndex.hpp>
but then I get error:  'XalanMessages' is not a class or namespace name.
Can anyone help me?
Regards,
Michal

Re: 1.7 compilation with BCB5 fails

Posted by Dmitry Hayes <dm...@ca.ibm.com>.

Hi Michael!
I've just downloaded and built the fresh copy of Xalan-C with MSVC6.
Please, note, the build instructions are slightly changed:
http://xml.apache.org/xalan-c/readme.html#win32

The "AllInOne" project depends now on "Localization" project.
When the localization project is built, you can go to Build\Win32\VC6\Debug
< if you build debug> \nls\Include files and find there the created files.
Please, verify, that your Tools-> Options->Directories->Executable contains
<Xerces-c dir>\bin

Thanks,
Dmitry

             "Michal
             Pietrusinski"
             <Michal.Pietrusin                                          To
             ski@fuw.edu.pl>           <xa...@xml.apache.org>
                                                                        cc
             01/20/2004 10:58
                                       Re: 1.7 compilation with BCB5 fails

             Please respond to
               xalan-c-users

Hi Dmitry,
I use Borland C++Builder on Windows 2000. I also tried using Visual C++ 6,
but I get similar error:
D:\extvcls\Xalan-C_1_7_0-src\xml-xalan\c\src\xalanc\PlatformSupport\XalanMes

sageLoader.hpp(67) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file:
'LocalMsgIndex.hpp': No such file or directory.
I also downloaded compiled version of xalan 1.7 (for VC6 without ICU) but
LocalMsgIndex.hpp wasn't there either.
Thank you,
Michal

Posted by June Ng <ju...@ca.ibm.com>.
You don't have the LocalMsgIndex.hpp file because it is created during the
build process.

June K. Ng
XSLT Development
IBM Toronto Laboratory