Posted to dev@amaterasu.apache.org by Yaniv Rodenski <ya...@shinto.io> on 2018/04/02 10:45:10 UTC

[DISCUSS] podling report

Hi All,

We have two days for submitting this report, and I hope we will have some
additions but for now, I suggest the following report:

"
Apache Amaterasu is a framework providing configuration management and
deployment for Big Data Pipelines.

It provides the following capabilities:

Continuous integration tools to package pipelines and run tests.
A repository to store those packaged applications: the applications
repository.
A repository to store the pipelines, and engine configuration (for
instance, the location of the Spark master, etc.): per environment - the
configuration repository.
A dashboard to monitor the pipelines.
A DSL and integration hooks allowing third parties to easily integrate.

Amaterasu has been incubating since 2017-09.

  1. Prepare the first release
  2. Grow up user and contributor communities
  3. Prepare documentation

aware of?

  None

  * Two conference talks are scheduled in the near future, Voxxed Days
Melbourne (Yaniv Rodenski) and SDP in Tel-Aviv (Nadav Har-Tzvi)

  * since the last report 12 PRs were opened and 11 are merged
  * One additional contributor started contributing to the code base
  * One organization we are aware of have started a POC with Amaterasu
  * We are in the process of automating the release process as
preparation for the first release in the incubator.

Date of last release:

  N/A

When were the last committers or PMC members elected?

  N/A
"

If there are no objections I will update the wiki.

Cheers,
--
Yaniv Rodenski

+61 477 778 405