Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Shanta B <B....@siemens.com> on 2003/06/27 14:08:57 UTC

download of csv file

Hi
  We have a servlet which will download csv file from server.It works fine
in some browser. The file type CSV is standard Excel format file. When i
click on the link 'file open/save as' dialog appears, i see only html as
supported filetype. Why? I expected CSV file as filetype here.

This behvaiour is not true for all machines. Only on few PCs i see this
problem? Is there any browser setting?

I verified the application association with filöetype extension (CSV), it is
MS-Excel.

Thanks
Shanta.B

Re: download of csv file

Posted by Antonio Fiol Bonnín <fi...@terra.es>.
Shanta B wrote:

>Hi
>  We have a servlet which will download csv file from server.It works fine
>in some browser. The file type CSV is standard Excel format file. When i
>click on the link 'file open/save as' dialog appears, i see only html as
>supported filetype. Why? I expected CSV file as filetype here.
>
>This behvaiour is not true for all machines. Only on few PCs i see this
>problem? Is there any browser setting?
>
>I verified the application association with filöetype extension (CSV), it is
>MS-Excel.
>
>Thanks
>Shanta.B

Use response.setContentType("text/csv");