Posted to dev@trafficcontrol.apache.org by "Fieck, Brennan" <Br...@comcast.com> on 2019/04/12 18:33:13 UTC

master revision tracking

So I'm confused. I've heard conflicting answers to this question: If I add something to Master, in what version should the documentation say it was added?

The ones that make sense to me:
* 4.0.0 (someone said this was what master is tracking now)
* 3.1.0 (someone ELSE stated it was this)
* 3.0.1 (current latest revision - though not released yet)
* 3.0.0 (current contents of the VERSION file at the repository's root)

Re: master revision tracking

Posted by Rawlin Peters <ra...@gmail.com>.
I've mostly been operating under the assumption that master is
basically pegged for 4.0 at this point. In 3.0 the old TO UI is
labelled as deprecated for removal in 4.0, and on master we've
completely disabled the old TO UI. I think the disabling of the old TO
UI in favor of using Traffic Portal going forward warrants a major
version bump to 4.0, but I could be possibly swayed into 3.1 (although
it would make the legacy TO UI deprecation banner a lie).

- Rawlin

On Fri, Apr 12, 2019 at 12:37 PM Eric Friedrich -X (efriedri - TRITON
UK BIDCO LIMITED c/o Alter Domus (UK) Limited -OBO at Cisco)

Posted by "Eric Friedrich -X (efriedri - TRITON UK BIDCO LIMITED c/o Alter Domus (UK) Limited -OBO at Cisco)" <ef...@cisco.com.INVALID>.