Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by Robert Munteanu <rm...@adobe.com.INVALID> on 2017/05/15 12:44:34 UTC

Initial release of the content package support for the Installer?

Hi,

I am planning to perform an initial release of the
org.apache.sling.installer.factory.packages bundle, so that we can use
it in the Launchpad and include it in Sling 9.

I see that there are still 2 open issues, do we consider them blocking
for the release or can they be postponed?

Thanks,

Robert

Re: Initial release of the content package support for the Installer?

Posted by Robert Munteanu <ro...@apache.org>.
On Mon, 2017-05-15 at 16:29 +0200, Konrad Windszus wrote:
> It would be good if someone from Adobe could confirm, but the sub
> package handling is different (sorry, not the dependency handling as
> being mentioned earlier).
>
> - In Sling the transform(...) uploads the package and returns only
> one TransformationResult. That is then processed by the Install or
> UninstallTask (by completely installing the package including all sub
> packages)
> - In AEM (Adobe Granite Installer for Content Packages v1.0.10) the
> transform calls uploads and the extractSubpackages to create
> (recursively) TransformationResults for all packages (even the nested
> ones). Each InstallTask then only install that one package (without
> any embedded packages).
>
> The latter seems better (for some reasoning look at https://issues.ap
> ache.org/jira/browse/JCRVLT-140).
> I kind of hoped that someone from Adobe would be able to donate that
> code as well.

The code we have in Sling was written from scratch, not donated. For
now I guess we'll have to do with the documentation and the information
we have.

Seeing as we don't have a lot of content packages in Sling - and
definitely no sub-packages I don't think this is a big deal for the
moment.

Robert

Posted by Konrad Windszus <ko...@gmx.de>.

Posted by Robert Munteanu <ro...@apache.org>.