Posted to user@openmeetings.apache.org by Sergey Kobzar <se...@itcraft.org> on 2012/04/23 19:03:35 UTC

Video quality on high resolution

Hello

I have installed Openmeetings 1.9.1 r4707 on Linux 2.6.39-gentoo-r3
i686. It works fine except if I change camera resolution to 640x480 or
higher. After this video becomes slow and I see "slide show".

Window which shows local camera output is OK - no delays.

Computers (clients) and server are inside same LAN and have 100M or 1G
connection. Network speed is not an issue definitely.

CPU load is not problem too - I have Intel CPU with 2 or 4 cores.

Do you have any ideas how to fix the problem?

Thank you.

Re: Video quality on high resolution

Posted by Lawrence Murphy <re...@sympatico.ca>.
Cheers Stephen. I'll look into this.

Lawrence Murphy, MA
Worldwide Therapy Online Inc.
www.therapyonline.ca
www.cybercounselling.com
cell: 519-831-9141

Confidentiality Notice
This e-mail message contains confidential information intended only for the use of the party named above.  If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this communication in error, please immediately notify us and delete the message from your system. If you are the intended recipient and wish to reply with confidential information, please contact me by telephone. From there, you can decide if you want to set up a secure email address. Thank you.

Posted by "seba.wagner@gmail.com" <se...@gmail.com>.
And by the way: Following your link to the takedown notice does lead to a
website about illegal downloads of TV-Series that are done using rtmpdump.
What we do is not a tool to download random rtmp streams that could be used
for downloading TV-Series. So I don't see how you can build a claim based
on the article and takedown notice that would affect us or anyody else that
read or writes RTMP packets.
[I am still no lawyer though :)]

Sebastian

Posted by "seba.wagner@gmail.com" <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Alexei Fedotov <al...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Alexei Fedotov <al...@gmail.com>.
Hello George,

                 <ma...@itcraft.org>>>     написал:

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax

Re: Video quality on high resolution

Posted by Alexei Fedotov <al...@gmail.com>.
Hello folks,

Posted by Sergey Kobzar <se...@itcraft.org>.

Re: Overall speed and quality using RTMPS

Posted by Jack Perez <ja...@gmail.com>.
No problem, I had some issues to fix first.  Sorry for the inconvenience.

Jack

Posted by Lawrence Murphy <re...@sympatico.ca>.
Hello everyone,

Posted by Sergey Kobzar <se...@itcraft.org>.

Posted by Alexei Fedotov <al...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sergey Kobzar <se...@itcraft.org>.
Thank you for reply.

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax

Re: Video quality on high resolution

Posted by Sergey Kobzar <se...@itcraft.org>.
Thank you.

Posted by Alexei Fedotov <al...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sergey Kobzar <se...@itcraft.org>.
Alexei

Posted by Alexei Fedotov <al...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sergey Kobzar <se...@itcraft.org>.
Sebastian

On 04/23/12 20:26, seba.wagner@gmail.com wrote:
> The server should be no issue at all, with 1 or 2 clients no matter what
> JVM settings you choose.
>
> You could try to use OpenMeetings integration screen capture to record
> the meeting streams.
> The recorded "raw" streams video material is in
> webapps/openmeetings/streams/$ROOM_ID/ *.flv
> => You could check if the recorded raw camera file is already "slow-mo"
> if yes the issue is somewhere on the publisher side, if not the viewers
> just simply can't watch such high-resolution video properly.

Thank you for the suggestion. I will try tomorrow and let you know result.

> 60-70% of cpu is not an acceptable rate.
> That is just too much, you can't make a permanent conference about 1
> hour with that load, you might also need some CPU leftover for someting
> else like editing whiteboard et cetera.

Well, I test this on standard clients - they need video mostly.

In conference room we will nave 4 cores CPU and this should not be an issue.

I will make more tests tomorrow and let you know exact details.

Btw, I used Logitech HD Pro Webcam C910 for tests + laptop integrated
camera. Both cameras have same issue.

Posted by "seba.wagner@gmail.com" <se...@gmail.com>.

>>> http://www.webbase-design.de
>>> http://www.wagner-sebastian.**com <http://www.wagner-sebastian.com>