Posted to dev@spark.apache.org by Maxim Gekk <ma...@databricks.com.INVALID> on 2022/06/03 08:24:30 UTC

The draft of the Spark 3.3.0 release notes

Hi All,

I am preparing the release notes of Spark 3.3.0. Here is a draft document:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1gGySrLGvIK8bajKdGjTI_mDqk0-YPvHmPN64YjoWfOQ/edit?usp=sharing

Please take a look and let me know if I missed any major changes or
something.

Maxim Gekk

Software Engineer

Databricks, Inc.

Re: The draft of the Spark 3.3.0 release notes

Posted by Adam Binford <ad...@gmail.com>.
It's more of a missing feature than a bug, but I guess it's all subjective.

Adam

--
Adam Binford

Re: The draft of the Spark 3.3.0 release notes

Posted by Maxim Gekk <ma...@databricks.com.INVALID>.
Hi Adam,

Posted by Adam Binford <ad...@gmail.com>.

--
Adam Binford

Re: The draft of the Spark 3.3.0 release notes

Posted by Bjørn Jørgensen <bj...@gmail.com>.
   -

   Support lambda `column` parameter of `DataFrame.rename`(SPARK-38763
   <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SPARK-38763>)

This did work before 18.jan.2022, see JIRA post for more information.
I think we can remove this one from the list.

--
Bjørn Jørgensen
Vestre Aspehaug 4, 6010 Ålesund

+47 480 94 297

Re: The draft of the Spark 3.3.0 release notes

Posted by Dongjoon Hyun <do...@gmail.com>.
You are right.

Posted by Koert Kuipers <ko...@tresata.com>.
i thought SPARK-36837 didnt make it in? i see it in notes