Posted to users@flex.apache.org by bilbosax <wa...@comcast.net> on 2020/11/04 22:40:10 UTC

AIR to Royale

Hi everyone, I need a little info.  I have written a mobile real estate app
in Adobe AIR that I also modified to run on the desktop, and now I am
interested in making a web presence with it.  But I hate coding in
html/javascript/css and won't even attempt that route.  So I wanted to ask
about Royale and how mature it is and whether or not it might work for my
needs.  The things that I would have to have from AIR to even consider using
Royale would be the following:

1. AMF - an absolute must!!!
2. lists that I could use custom itemrenderers
3. skinnable buttons
4. Bitmapimage and fxg graphic support
5. Support for textinputs and sliders
6. And of course, support for actionscript logic

Can Royale handle all of these tasks and should I consider it before moving
on to other options?

Thanks for any insight!

Re: AIR to Royale

Posted by Piotr Zarzycki <pi...@gmail.com>.
I have responded to you on Royale users list ;)

czw., 5 lis 2020 o 00:42 bilbosax <wa...@comcast.net> napisał(a):

> Thanks Piotrz.  This is helpful information.  I don't mind getting a little
> dirty, and I just think this might be a shorter solution than learning
> React
> Native or something else that I am totally new to.  I feel like I should be
> able to transfer a lot of the main functionality of my app to the web in a
> relatively short amount of time.
>
> I did not realize that there even was a Royale mailing list, so I will have
> to make my way over there and post some questions.
>
> 1. Really briefly, is there a way to make a Royale App adaptive kind of
> like
> using bootstrap, so that it looks good on all devices?
>
> 2. Do you personally recommend an IDE that works the most seamlessly with
> Royale?

Piotr Zarzycki

Re: AIR to Royale

Re: AIR to Royale

Posted by Piotr Zarzycki <pi...@gmail.com>.
Hi :),

I think you should post on Royale users list. However I will answer to you
in short.
I’m not sure about 4 - others can help here, but rest of the points are
fully cover now on.
You need to however remember that idea behind Royale is different so many
things is a bit different. For example point 3 - there is no skinning in
Royale - not in the way as you know from Flex. - Partially it will be CSS
work.

Going with Royale you will preserve a lot of code, but don’t expect
miracles. You will have to make your hands dirty.

Thanks,
Piotr

On Wed, 4 Nov 2020 at 23:40, bilbosax <wa...@comcast.net> wrote:

> Hi everyone, I need a little info.  I have written a mobile real estate app
> in Adobe AIR that I also modified to run on the desktop, and now I am
> interested in making a web presence with it.  But I hate coding in
> html/javascript/css and won't even attempt that route.  So I wanted to ask
> about Royale and how mature it is and whether or not it might work for my
> needs.  The things that I would have to have from AIR to even consider
> using
> Royale would be the following:
>
> 1. AMF - an absolute must!!!
> 2. lists that I could use custom itemrenderers
> 3. skinnable buttons
> 4. Bitmapimage and fxg graphic support
> 5. Support for textinputs and sliders
> 6. And of course, support for actionscript logic
>
> Can Royale handle all of these tasks and should I consider it before moving
> on to other options?
>
> Thanks for any insight!

Piotr Zarzycki