Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Steve Ochani <oc...@ncc.edu> on 2006/05/01 01:29:09 UTC

Re: Easy Tomcat Linux/Unix Platform

> If you would like to use a current version of RedHat there are several
> clones. One that I use is TAOLinux. It is currently RHEL4. The goal of
> this project was to create as close to a RedHat release as possible.

There is also CentOS.

http://www.centos.org/

CentOS is a compile of RedHat Enterprise distro from sources with the copyrighted logos
stripped out and additon of yum (yellowdog update module) for updates.

I have been using it happily in a production envirnoment for over 1.5 years now.

Re: Easy Tomcat Linux/Unix Platform

Posted by lrnobs <lr...@firstclasssolutions.net>.
Thanks everyone.  I think I might like the Novell idea.  They probably
have a lot of people for support.

I'll be sure not to use the G# as well :)

Larry Nobs

RE: Easy Tomcat Linux/Unix Platform--Apology

Posted by Bill Clemmons <Bi...@ptloma.edu>.
Friends--

I am SO sorry to send this post out to the list.  It obviously is completely unrelated to the thread or this list . . . sigh.  Gotta get some more sleep!

All the best for a wonderful week,
Bill

Bill Clemmons
Point Loma Nazarene Univ.