Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by Kent Leonard <ke...@spectel.com> on 2004/03/15 15:43:31 UTC

Xerces-c and Unixware

I posted before on this, but got no reply. Still hoping for some help, or let me know if the question is poorly formed, or if there's some resource that would have the answer.

Does xerces-c build on Unixware 7.1.1 with the native Unixware CC compiler?

I'm using xerces 2.5.0. I did build easily with Unixware and Gnu g++. But CC has probelms.

So far I've got autoconf and config to run. The build has had a few problems. For example, there are Compilers/SCOCCDefs.cpp/.hpp file, but they didn't define some necessary procedures (stricmp() and strnccmp()). And there's a Unixware/UnixWarePlatformUtils.cpp file, but it fails to scope "PanicReasons" with "PanicHandler::PanicReasons".

So far these problems are fixable, but I'm trying to decide if this is a reasonable task, or a very large one. And I haven't gotten to linking or running the tests.

Has anyone done this port? Is there any experience I could piggy-back?

Thanks,
Kent Leonard
Spectel
200 Minuteman Road