Posted to dev@atlas.apache.org by Le Ma <lm...@cloudera.com.INVALID> on 2019/07/26 18:35:58 UTC

Run tests/pre-commit job before committing the patch

Hello Atlas team and community,

Hope you all are doing great. It is a honor to be part of this awesome product. And thanks to the efforts from community,
Atlas is growing fantastic, and we are getting more contribution.

In order to help Atlas grow,  improve the efficiency of development and the quality of code, I would suggest that all of us could run
Pre-commit job or local unit tests fist, once it passes all tests, patches could go into the branch.

And I would also suggest that all of us could mention either pre-commit job or local tests has succeed while we send our code out for review
Or when we create a pull request.

This would really improve the development of Atlas by decreasing time to triage and debugging some bugs which could have been found out
If units are ran.

Thanks again,
Le