Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by Fatima Ashfaq <fa...@hotmail.com> on 2003/06/26 02:12:22 UTC

dom.Counter (parser doesnt instantiates)

Hi,

I am a beginner. I am trying to run the samples in the samples/dom
directory.

I am trying to run the Counter.java example. I compiled it using javac and
now when i issue the command

java dom.Counter file:/xerces-2_4_0/data/personal-schema.xml

no matter which file i give it as input , it gives me the following error.

"error: Unable to instantiate parser (dom.wrappers.Xerces)"

No other example is working either.

Can someone kindly suggest what I am doign wrong . Secondly, is the input to
the exaples an xml file or a file in some other format ?

Thank you very much.
Regards,
Fatima.

Re: dom.Counter (parser doesnt instantiates)

Posted by "K. Venugopal" <k....@sun.com>.

Fatima Ashfaq wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am a beginner. I am trying to run the samples in the samples/dom
> directory.
>
> I am trying to run the Counter.java example. I compiled it using javac
> and now when i issue the command
>
> java dom.Counter file:/xerces-2_4_0/data/personal-schema.xml
>
> no matter which file i give it as input , it gives me the following
> error.
>
> "error: Unable to instantiate parser (dom.wrappers.Xerces)"

Its seems you  don't have Xerces.class . Compile your samples properly ,
use build.sh  script provided by xerces .I also suggest you to use
classpath or bootclasspath option to point to the location of your class
files.

> No other example is working either.
>
> Can someone kindly suggest what I am doign wrong . Secondly, is the
> input to the exaples an xml file or a file in some other format ?

    provided the location of the file as
/xerces-2_4_0/data/personal-schema.xml

In general read  instructions provided in
http://xml.apache.org/xerces2-j/install.html  document .

Regards,
venu