Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Shaoguang Cong <sc...@yahoo.com> on 2006/02/23 16:48:23 UTC

Can and how .net client handle user-defined Web Services exceptions?

I defined a customized exception called MyCustomException in the WSDL.  I can catch this exception in Java client directly (using Axis1.3, JDK1.4).

  But I cannot find a way to do this for .net client.  The "Add Web Reference" tool of .net seems not generate a class for MyCustomException.  The .net client gets the MyCustomException as an xml string in faultDetail of SoapException.

  Ideally we would expect .net will deserialize the custom exception into a VB or C# classs as Axis1.3 does for a Java client.  Does anyone know if there's a way in .Net to catch the user-defiend exception?

  Thanks.
  Shaoguang

 Yahoo! Mail