Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Jonesy <gm...@jonz.net> on 2013/12/31 20:05:36 UTC

[users@httpd] Re: Making delay in apache

On Tue, 31 Dec 2013 22:12:22 +0330, Ali Majdzadeh wrote:

> Samaneh,
> Hi
> I am not aware or even heard of such a configuration option, but if you
> require Apache not to process requests for a specified amount of time, you
> can use iptables in order to block traffic coming for port 80 for 10
> seconds and release it after the job is done.

During which time the Google, Bing and Yahoo spiders will visit
and remove your web site(s) from search results.

Re: [users@httpd] Re: Making delay in apache

Posted by samaneh berenjian <sa...@aut.ac.ir>.
hi dear users,
Actually these solutions are not something that i really want. If i block the incoming port for few seconds or make the service unavailable, Maybe a victim user do not try to send her/his request again. Something that i want is whenever a request comes i make a delay something like that the user thinks that  the server is not fast to replies, but not completely refuse the connection and request fr seconds. I mean i want the user request to be in a stable status till i decide in his/her request. How can i implement such a scenario? Another thing is that i use modsecurity as a firewall and there is a filter on modsecurity to use an external script. Do you know how can i write a perl or bash script that with it i can do something like this?One of users write a perl script for such a purpose but i do not exactly if it could be useful or not. the code and its description is here:
In conf.d/perl.conf add this line:
PerlInitHandler MyDelay

Contents of MyDelay.pm are as follows:

package MyDelay;

# This package can be used in conjunction with a
# PerlInitHandler directive to slow down a connection
# based on an ip address

# Example: set in perl.conf
# To slow down a particular request
#<Location /delay_test.html>
#   PerlInitHandler MyDelay
#</Location>
#
# or outside of any Location, File, etc to slow down all requests
#  PerlInitHandler MyDelay

use strict;
use Apache2::RequestRec;
use Apache2::Const;             # for OK
use Apache2::Connection;		# for remote_ip

sub handler
{
    my $r = shift;
    my($c);
    my($ip_addr);

    $c = $r->connection;
    $ip_addr = $c->remote_ip;
    if ($ip_addr eq "my ip address")
    {
       print STDERR ("in MyDelay:handler\n");
       print STDERR ("ip_addr = $ip_addr\n");
       sleep (30);
    }

    return OK;
}

1;

I do not know exactly that it could be a useful perl script for such a purpose. Is anyone aware of usefulness of such script to make apache slow to respond to a request?
I really need your help,Best Regards

Posted by Jonesy <gm...@jonz.net>.

Posted by Ali Majdzadeh <al...@gmail.com>.
List,
Sorry for my previous post, it contained my signature.

Regards,
Ali

Posted by Ali Majdzadeh <al...@gmail.com>.
Jonesy,