Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by Nitin Borwankar <ni...@borwankar.com> on 2007/02/18 02:48:11 UTC

Opensearch RSS description document URL for nutch webapp?

Hi,

I am using Nutch 0.7.2 for a vertical search engine at
http://www.greener.com.

I need to integrate non Java front tend applications with this via
OpenSearch.
I know how to query and get results programmatically via
http://www.greener.com/opensearch?query=......

However some open search client libraries I am looking at especially the
Ruby opensearch gem, needs an initial step where an OpenSearch
description document is provided and the library then uses the
information in that document to find the search engine and query it. I
also know what the description document is and its content etc.

I have however been unable to locate a description document in the Nutch
web app installation.
Does the 0.7.2 Nutch webapp have such a document at some URL that I am
somehow missing?
Or do I need to create one and install it on my webapp at a location of
my choosing?

Thanks much,

--
Nitin Borwankar