Posted to dev@sqoop.apache.org by Gwen Shapira <gs...@cloudera.com> on 2014/11/17 00:05:17 UTC

[VOTE] Release Sqoop 1.99.4 (RC1)

Developers, Committers, PMC members,

Thank you for testing 1.99.4 rc0 so throughly.
A number of critical bugs were found and resolved. Therefore, we’ve
packaged up a new release candidate.

The second release candidate of the fourth release of Apache Sqoop 2,
version 1.99.4 is ready.

Please vote by Monday, November 24.

Change log:
https://github.com/apache/sqoop/blob/release-1.99.4-rc1/CHANGELOG.txt

The tarball (*.tar.gz), signature (*.asc), checksum (*.md5):
http://people.apache.org/~jarcec/sqoop-1.99.4-rc1/

The tag to be voted on:
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=sqoop.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/release-1.99.4-rc1

The KEYS file:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/sqoop/KEYS

(Note that the tarball is in Jarcec's home directory, but its signed
with my keys)

Keep calm and vote,

Gwen

Re: [VOTE] Release Sqoop 1.99.4 (RC1)

Posted by Abraham Elmahrek <ab...@cloudera.com>.
Also, not a blocker for the release IMO. Good find Veena!

Posted by Veena Basavaraj <vb...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Gwen Shapira <gs...@cloudera.com>.
Yeah, its fairly minor.

Posted by Abraham Elmahrek <ab...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Venkat Ranganathan <vr...@hortonworks.com>.
Looking at the description it is a good to have this but given we have
developer previews,  agree it is OK to live with it unless there is some
other change that warrants a respin   We do need to change the fix  version
of the bug though if there are no more RCs.

Venkat

On Mon, Nov 17, 2014 at 2:57 PM, Abraham Elmahrek <ab...@cloudera.com> wrote:

> Just to state my perspective, it does not appear to be a blocker.
>
> On Mon, Nov 17, 2014 at 2:38 PM, Abraham Elmahrek <ab...@cloudera.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Hmm just noticed something. I've forgotten to backport SQOOP-1636 to
> > branch-1.99.4. Do you guys think this is a blocker? This is definitely a
> > nice to have for connector developers.
> >
> > -Abe
> >
> > On Mon, Nov 17, 2014 at 2:34 PM, Venkat Ranganathan <
> > vranganathan@hortonworks.com> wrote:
> >
> >> +1
> >>
> >> Built and ran tests on the sources
> >> Verified checksums and signatures
> >> No RAT violations
> >> Check License, notices ..
> >>
> >> Good work folks.
> >>
> >> Sorry I was missing in action for the last few weeks because of other
> >> preoccupations.
> >>
> >> Venkat

> jarcec@apache.org>

> we’ve

> >> 2,

> >> https://github.com/apache/sqoop/blob/release-1.99.4-rc1/CHANGELOG.txt

> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=sqoop.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/release-1.99.4-rc1

> signed

> >> --
> >> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
> >> NOTICE: This message is intended for the use of the individual or entity
> reader
> >> of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified
> >> that
> >> received this communication in error, please contact the sender
> >> immediately

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: [VOTE] Release Sqoop 1.99.4 (RC1)

Posted by Abraham Elmahrek <ab...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Abraham Elmahrek <ab...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Venkat Ranganathan <vr...@hortonworks.com>.
+1

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: [VOTE] Release Sqoop 1.99.4 (RC1)

Posted by Abraham Elmahrek <ab...@cloudera.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

Re: [REQUEST FOR VOTE] Release Sqoop 1.99.4 (RC1)

Posted by Gwen Shapira <gs...@cloudera.com>.
This vote is now closed.

The vote passes with:

+1 (3 binding, 1 non-binding):
Jarek Cecho (binding)
Abraham Elmahrek (non-binding)
Venkat Ranganthan (binding)
Arvind Prabhakar (binding)

+0: None

-1 : None

As a result of this vote passing, this release candidate has been promoted
to the Apache Sqoop 1.99.4 release.
Thanks to everyone who tested, reported issues, patches and voted. I’ll
start the process of posting the release.

Gwen

Posted by Arvind Prabhakar <ar...@apache.org>.

Posted by Jarek Jarcec Cecho <ja...@apache.org>.
Hi Sqoop PMC,
we’re missing last PMC vote on the ongoing release. Might I request you to take a look so that we can push the release forward?

Jarcec

Posted by Jarek Jarcec Cecho <ja...@apache.org>.
+1