Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Daniel Bryant <da...@tai-dev.co.uk> on 2013/12/04 17:40:34 UTC

Setting routerField/shardKey on specific collection?

Hi,

I'm using Solr 4.6 and trying to specify a router.field (shard key) on a
specific collection so that all documents with the same value in the
specified field end up in the same collection.

However, I can't find an example of how to do this via the solr.xml? I
see in this ticket https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-5017 there
is a mention of a routeField property.

Should the solr.xml contain the following?

<cores adminPath="/admin/cores" defaultCoreName="collection1">
     <core name="collection1" instanceDir="collection1"
routerField="consolidationGroupId" />
</cores>

Any help would be greatly appreciate? I've been yak shaving all
afternoon reading various Jira tickets and wikis trying to get this to
work :-)

Best wishes,

Daniel

--
*Daniel Bryant  |  Software Development Consultant  | www.tai-dev.co.uk
<http://www.tai-dev.co.uk/>*

Re: Setting routerField/shardKey on specific collection?

Posted by Daniel Bryant <da...@tai-dev.co.uk>.
Many thanks Timothy, I tried this today but ran into issues getting the
new collection to persist (so that I could search for the parameter).
It's good to have this confirmed as a viable approach though, and I'll
persevere with this tomorrow.

If I figure it out I'll reply with the details.

Thanks again,

Daniel