Posted to user@openmeetings.apache.org by Leland Corso Sr <lc...@jbs-systems.net> on 2013/09/15 03:45:05 UTC

Openmeetings screen share

I have installed openmeetings on a ubuntu 12.10 machine locally and it
operates flawlessly.  The issue I'm experiencing is from a client
machine connecting across the LAN.

It has oracle Jave 7 installed just like the server the only difference
is the client is using the ubuntu 2d or 3d unity desktop and the server
is using the lubuntu kde desktop. When the client connects everything
tools along nicely until I click the share screen button on the client
to share with the server.  After the java jar load the applet to select
share the screen the image of the screen is black which is what the
user sees when they accept the share.

I've tried using the jdk-java but to no avail.  I found online about
trying the oracle version from a post Sebastain made concerning an
issues in 12.04 and using the oracle java, so I installed that. but to
no avail.  I'm totally at a loss from here on how to get the screen
share working on this client machine.

Any assistance you could offer would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Leland

Re: Openmeetings screen share

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
OK great :)

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax

Re: Openmeetings screen share

Posted by Leland Corso Sr <lc...@jbs-systems.net>.

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
Hello Leland,

Posted by "Leland Corso Sr." <lc...@jbs-systems.net>.
Hi Maxim,

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
Hello Leland,

Posted by "Leland Corso Sr." <lc...@jbs-systems.net>.

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
I'll try to send you some instructions later today (currently need to work
on my daytime job)

According to XP, please try to clean up Java WS caches (-cleanup,
-uninstall commandline parameters if I'm not mistaken or via GUI)

Posted by "Leland Corso Sr." <lc...@jbs-systems.net>.

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Leland Corso Sr." <lc...@jbs-systems.net>.

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.