Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "T. B." <tn...@yahoo.com> on 2005/04/22 02:15:01 UTC

500 No input attribute for mapping path /Logon

Hi all,

I am trying to deploy a simple struts on resin 2.1.12
and got this error when accessing my port

http:<my home port>/myApp/Logon.do

The error is:

500 No input attribute for mapping path /Logon

The mappings in struts-config.xml are as followed:

    <global-forwards>
        <!-- Default forward to "Welcome" action -->
        <!-- Demonstrates using index.jsp to forward
-->
        <forward
            name="welcome"
            path="/Welcome.do"/>
        <forward
            name="logon"
            path="/Logon.do"/>
    </global-forwards>

<!-- =================================== Action
Mapping Definitions -->

    <action-mappings>

            <!-- Default "Welcome" action -->
            <!-- Forwards to Welcome.jsp -->
        <action
            path="/Welcome"

type="org.apache.struts.actions.ForwardAction"
            parameter="/pages/Welcome.jsp"/>

        <action
            path="/Logon"
            type="logon.LogonAction"
            name="logonForm"
            scope="request"
            validate="true"
            parameter="/pages/Login.jsp"/>

    </action-mappings>

Thanks,

Thong Bui

Re: 500 No input attribute for mapping path /Logon

Posted by Michael Jouravlev <jm...@gmail.com>.
You have "validate" set to "true", thus Struts tries to locate
error/input page and cannot find it, because "input" attribute is not
defined.

<rant>
  "input" must be renamed to "error".
</rant>