Posted to rampart-c-dev@ws.apache.org by Supun Kamburugamuva <su...@gmail.com> on 2008/01/01 18:02:32 UTC

Issue with the key identifier token

Hi,

I have noticed that oxs_token_build_key_identifier_element method
(src/omxmlsec/token_key_identifier.c)requires non null encoding_type
and value_type arguments. But accordng to the specification both these
arguments are opptional, hence they should allow null values. I came
across this becuasse SAML token profle specfically says not to use the
encoding_type attribute with key identifier references to SAML
assertions.

Should I raise a jira on this?

Regards,
Supun.

Re: Issue with the key identifier token

Posted by Kaushalye Kapuruge <ka...@wso2.com>.
Supun Kamburugamuva wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have noticed that oxs_token_build_key_identifier_element method
> (src/omxmlsec/token_key_identifier.c)requires non null encoding_type
> and value_type arguments. But accordng to the specification both these
> arguments are opptional, hence they should allow null values. I came
> across this becuasse SAML token profle specfically says not to use the
> encoding_type attribute with key identifier references to SAML
> assertions.
>
> Should I raise a jira on this?

Yes please.
-Kau