Posted to dev@cayenne.apache.org by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org> on 2007/01/19 10:52:52 UTC

New SVN is ready

We have a new TLP repo created for us:

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cayenne/

Since repo migration will require everybody to re-import stuff in
Eclipse, I figured it is a good time to move a few other things
around. So here is the plan. If we can reach lazy consensus, I can
move the code on a designated date.

1. Migration date:
    I suggest Sunday, January 21.

2. Trunk reorg:
    With the new assembly strategy we have things all over the place.
There are "public" and "private" Maven modules ("private" are those
under cayenne/core that are repackaged into aggregated modules under
cayenne/framework). Then there are also platform-specific modeler
modules. You can check the existing structure in SVN. Here is what I
suggest to do to make it cleaner:

assembly/

build-tools/
   maven-cayenne-build-plugin
   cayenne-regression-profiler

framework/  /* All "library" modules */
   cayenne-jdk1.4-private
   cayenne-jdk1.5-private
   cayenne-jpa-private
   cayenne-legal-private
   cayenne-agent
   cayenne-client
   cayenne-server
   maven-plugin
   cayenne-modeler

itests/     /* Integration Tests */
   itest-common
   jpa-chapter2
   jpa-chapter3
   jpa-chapter9
   pojo

docs/
   doc
   quick-start-tutorial
   quick-start-rop-tutorial

modeler/      /* Modeler Platform extensions and assemblies */
   cayenne-modeler-java
   cayenne-modeler-mac
   cayenne-modeler-mac-ext
   cayenne-modeler-win

Comments?

Andrus

Re: New SVN is ready

Posted by Michael Gentry <bl...@gmail.com>.
"project" or "subproject" or "module" or "component" or ... whatever.  :-)

/dev/mrg

Re: New SVN is ready

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.

Re: New SVN is ready

Posted by Mike Kienenberger <mk...@gmail.com>.

Re: New SVN is ready

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.

Re: New SVN is ready

Posted by Michael Gentry <bl...@gmail.com>.
Seems fairly logical, but Subversion allows us to move things around
if it needs to be changed again.

I am a little confused by the "private" in the names, though.  Maybe I
just don't understand what you were trying to do, but the term seems
to imply non-open source to me, which of course is not correct.

Thanks,