Posted to users@flex.apache.org by npem <ph...@gmail.com> on 2017/07/06 15:26:04 UTC

Connection to Google Calendar as a Proxy Scheduler

I am trying to setup a Scheduler for a Mobile App that would notify the user
if an
Item is past its usedby date.

I thought I might use Google Calendar to do this, as the app might not be
running
when the date has passed.

I can’t find a way to access the local calendar on iOS and Android, hence my
thinking
regarding the use of Google Calendar

I’m trying to use:
*as3googlecalendarlib*
(See
*https://sujitreddyg.wordpress.com/2009/01/29/as3-library-for-google-calendar-as3googlecalendarlib/*)

And have used the sample code from the text near the bottom, which starts::
*Tsu Says:August 16, 2010 at 1:54pm*

However I get the messages:
*INFORMATION : Sending authentication request

INFORMATION : Authentication request sent

INFORMATION : Server request to authentication invoked fault event. This can
be because of authentication failure also*

I know my username and password are correct as I logged out and then in with
them.

Anyone any thoughts if they have used this library?
Or any other ideas on a scheduler for mobile?

BTW. I am using:
Flex SDK: 4.16.0
AIR SDK:  25.0.0

Thanks in advance,
Phil.

Re: Connection to Google Calendar as a Proxy Scheduler

Posted by npem <ph...@gmail.com>.
I agree it's a possibility which I had not considered.

My problem is that I do not have a server on the Internet, so the option of
buying an
ANE for $25 looks the most promising option at the moment.

The one suggested by Eric states that you can add updates and alarms for
iOS, but I'm
not sure you can also do this for Android?

However, thanks for the suggestion

Phil.

--
Philip Medlam

Re: Connection to Google Calendar as a Proxy Scheduler

Posted by Javier Guerrero García <ja...@gmail.com>.
Hi npem! :D

Posted by npem <ph...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the information.