Posted to user@velocity.apache.org by Jude Robinson <do...@gmail.com> on 2009/12/17 21:31:04 UTC

Macros in macros

Hi all - a concise question about VTL performance: referencing macros
from within macros seems to be very expensive - do you know why this
is?

Re: Macros in macros

Posted by Nathan Bubna <nb...@gmail.com>.
Yeah, macros actually got a lot more expensive (especially in memory)
in 1.5.  1.6.2 resolved most of those issues. :)

Re: Macros in macros

Posted by Jude Robinson <do...@gmail.com>.

Re: Macros in macros

Posted by Jude Robinson <do...@gmail.com>.
> Expensive in cycles or memory?  And in what version?  Much
> optimization has been done, and i've yet to notice trouble in 1.6+ (at
> least compared to previous).

Sorry, should have stated the version: 1.6.2

In terms of cycles or memory: cycles *I guess* … I've simply noticed
that when using apache bench on a page consisting of a few calls to a
macro that references other macros - when said references to macros
are replaced with the code contained in those macros the average
response time drops significantly.

Be gentle with me … I'm just a simple clientsider …

Re: Macros in macros

Posted by Nathan Bubna <nb...@gmail.com>.
Expensive in cycles or memory?  And in what version?  Much
optimization has been done, and i've yet to notice trouble in 1.6+ (at
least compared to previous).