Posted to dev@trafodion.apache.org by Gunnar Tapper <ta...@gmail.com> on 2016/02/26 00:36:16 UTC

Build failures

Is something going on with the build environment? I see several failed
builds at the same time?

https://jenkins.esgyn.com/job/Check-PR-master/462/console

Gunnar

RE: Build failures

Posted by Steve Varnau <st...@esgyn.com>.
Hi Gunnar,

In this particular instance, it is not huge deal, but it is setting
precedent for PDF or other image files. As you say, there may be files that
our dev community want to share for presentations, or what have you.  My
preference would be to put that stuff in the wiki, if that is okay.

To get your pull-request in, I think you'll not only need to remove the 3 ai
files, but create a new branch to submit, without those three files in the
branch history. Otherwise, the files are still pulled into the master branch
history.

To do that, my suggestion is:
- close pull request
- on current (TRAFODION-182) branch, git rm *.ai; git commit
- create new branch based on origin/master
- git merge --squash TRAFODION-1822
- create new pull-request from new branch

--Steve

Re: Build failures

Posted by Gunnar Tapper <ta...@gmail.com>.

RE: Build failures

Posted by Steve Varnau <st...@esgyn.com>.
Hi,

Re: Build failures

Posted by Gunnar Tapper <ta...@gmail.com>.

wrote:

> Ken will have to answer that question since he provided the .ai files.
>
> On Fri, Feb 26, 2016 at 12:14 PM, Steve Varnau <st...@esgyn.com>
> wrote:
>
>> I don't know much about working with graphics, so let me ask naïve
>> question.
>>
>> Is ai format an open format that will be useable by folks that don't have
>> Adobe Illustrator?
>> Is there a more open format we could use? SVG?
>>
>> --Steve

Gunnar

Re: Build failures

Posted by Gunnar Tapper <ta...@gmail.com>.