Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Brian Novogradac <Br...@utoronto.ca> on 2017/01/19 15:29:06 UTC

CouchDB 2.0 and centos 6.8 and rebar error

I'm having a hell of a time to get this installed.

Seeing as there is no more yum repo installer i am trying to install via source.  I meet all the requirements and am getting the following errors

[root@localhost apache-couchdb-2.0.0]# ./configure
==> configuring couchdb in rel/couchdb.config
You have configured Apache CouchDB, time to relax. Relax.
[root@localhost apache-couchdb-2.0.0]# make release

=ERROR REPORT==== 19-Jan-2017::10:09:48 ===
beam/beam_load.c(1365): Error loading module rebar:
  use of opcode 153; this emulator supports only up to 152

=ERROR REPORT==== 19-Jan-2017::10:09:48 ===
escript: exception error: undefined function rebar:main/1
  in function  escript:run/2
  in call from escript:start/1
  in call from init:start_it/1
  in call from init:start_em/1
make: *** [couch] Error 127

Brian Novogradac

Re: CouchDB 2.0 and centos 6.8 and rebar error

Posted by Nuno Job <nu...@gmail.com>.
Diana, there are thousands of people in this mailing list that want to be here.

Can you please not SPAM people because you don’t know how to unsubscribe from a list?

This is my first, and hopefully only, passive aggressive request.

Nuno

PS. This is an open source project, and this list is where volunteers that build the code you use give their time to you, for free, to support you using the project. Think about that for a second.

Diana Ying

Posted by Michelle Phung <mi...@gmail.com>.
Hey Diana

Sorry you are having trouble with our automated system. It’s not intentional, I promise.
I didn’t realize that you were trying to um unsubscribe 5 different times before bringing it up there was a problem.

Before that 5th email, we didn’t realize that there was a problem. But now that there is can you help us too? I think manually removing you might will take some time and if there is a problem with the emailing system, you could potentially help a lot of people in the same situation.

Can you
1.) send and email to  user-unsubscribe@couchdb.apache.org <ma...@couchdb.apache.org> and
2.) click on the link inside the automated message

For example,

(** I put stars around the important part** )

> user@couchdb.apache.org <ma...@couchdb.apache.org> mailing list.
>
> I'm working for my owner, who can be reached
> at user-owner@couchdb.apache.org <ma...@couchdb.apache.org>.

*v**v**v**v**v**v**v**v**v**v**v**v**v**v**v**v**v**v**v**v**v**v*v**v**v**v**v*v
> To confirm that you would like
>
>   michellephung@gmail.com <ma...@gmail.com>
>
> removed from the user mailing list, please send a short reply
> to this address:
>
>   user-uc.1484845562ab.eepknfkoaafnadlihomi12-michellephung=gmail.com@couchdb.apache.org <ma...@couchdb.apache.org>

^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^

> Usually, this happens when you just hit the "reply" button.
> If this does not work, simply copy the address and paste it into
> the "To:" field of a new message.
>
> or click here:
> 	mailto:user-uc.1484845562ab.eepknfkoaafnadlihomi12-michellephung=gmail.com@couchdb.apache.org <ma...@couchdb.apache.org>
>
> I haven't checked whether your address is currently on the mailing list.
> To see what address you used to subscribe, look at the messages you are
> receiving from the mailing list. Each message has your address hidden
> inside its return path; for example, mary@xdd.ff.com <ma...@xdd.ff.com> receives messages
> with return path: <user-return-<number>-mary=xdd.ff.com@couchdb.apache.org <ma...@couchdb.apache.org>.

Once I send the reply to the first auto-message only then I get (another) confirmation email that actually takes me off the list.

Are you receiving the first automated email?
Does the second confirmation email not arrive?
Could it be that the emails are being forward from a different email and thats why it’s not working correctly?

I can try to track down the mailing list owner this weekend but it make take some time to get you off the list manually. This again is not intentional. We don’t want to keep you on the list if you don’t want to be on it, but to be fair, we have jobs during the day too that we have to go to and our emailing system is not perfect.

I think the email from Rich Bowen was not an automated email triggered by your email, he just sent it out at the exact time you were emailing, and it was just a coincidence. That may or may not be related to being subscribed to this list though, so getting off that list would start with getting off the CouchDB one.

I think manually removing you might will take some time and if there is a problem with the emailing system, you could potentially help a lot of people in the same situation if you could help us by tracking that down in the mean time.

- Michelle

RE: CouchDB 2.0 and centos 6.8 and rebar error

Posted by Ma...@tdameritrade.com.
Please read attached email from yesterday. You could have been unsubscribed already.

Posted by Dan Ballance <tz...@gmail.com>.
Hi Diana,

So to unsubscribe, as others have said, you need to send an email to:

You need to be sure to send this email from dianajying@gmail.com (if you
have multiple accounts)

Once you send this email you will get a reply asking you to click a link
and then you will be unsubscribed.

Maybe we can treat this like a support ticket. What have you tried from the
above steps and what responses have you had back, if any?

Dan

Posted by Diana Ying <di...@gmail.com>.
UNSUBSCRIBE!!!!

Posted by Sinan Gabel <si...@gmail.com>.
Hi Brian,

I cannot say if the following will solve your problem but I also had some
problems at the "make" step with Ubuntu 16.04, and this was solved by doing
the following prior to doing the "make release".

touch THANKS
touch /usr/lib/erlang/man/man1/x86_64-linux-gnu-gcov-tool.1.gz
touch /usr/lib/erlang/man/man1/gcov-tool.1.gz

Posted by Eiri <ei...@eiri.ca>.
This is interesting. Try to rebuild rebar, just in case.

Ensure that you have erlang in your env, (I suggest to stuck with 17.5),
by running `erl -eval 'erlang:display(erlang:system_info(otp_release)), halt().’ -noshell` which should return “17”

Then just rm ./bin/rebar from apache-couchdb-2.0.0 directory and run ./configure again, it'll recompile rebar and place it back in ./bin.

Regards,
Eric

Posted by Brian Novogradac <Br...@utoronto.ca>.

Posted by Eiri <ei...@eiri.ca>.