Posted to dev@creadur.apache.org by Robert Burrell Donkin <ro...@blueyonder.co.uk> on 2013/03/25 12:38:21 UTC

[tentacles] Running Tentacles

I'm hoping to use tentacles to help review the Rat release but I'm
having some problems running the jar. Unless anyone jumps in, I'll
probably just jump in and fix them.

I've also been wondering about integration tests. In the past, I've
found that it's easy to break a build which creates a runnable jar. It
should be reasonable straightforward to run some basic smoke tests using
Maven. Even a test as simple as running help without reporting an error
might be useful.

Opinions welcomed :-)

Robert

Re: [tentacles] Running Tentacles

Posted by Robert Burrell Donkin <ro...@blueyonder.co.uk>.
On 03/25/13 11:38, Robert Burrell Donkin wrote:
> I'm hoping to use tentacles to help review the Rat release but I'm
> having some problems running the jar. Unless anyone jumps in, I'll
> probably just jump in and fix them.

Turns out that the jar that has the main class is one the
'with-dependencies'. I'll correct the documentation in due course, but I
was wondering:

* whether this is the best name (would apache-tentacles-app.jar,
apache-tentacles-run.jar be more expressive? not sure...)
* whether it would be worthwhile to switching now to a more powerful
plugin (shade[1] rather than assembly)

Opinions? Objections? Suggestions?

Robert
[1] http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-shade-plugin/