Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Berin Loritsch <bl...@apache.org> on 2001/02/14 20:35:26 UTC

[C2] Warning: Instability with Batik

When I was testing out Jakarta 3.2.1 with today's CVS of Cocoon,
I was experimenting with the Use-Store option.  The good news is
successive transformations are faster.  The bad news is if I kept
quickly re-requesting the SVG examples, I would crash Tomcat.

I have a feeling that this is because Batik hasn't been optimized
for Server streaming environments.  This problem only occurs with
Batik.  So for production (at least until Batik is more stable in
the server environment), I would pregenerate all images.