Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Jonathan Chum <jc...@aismedia.com> on 2005/09/09 14:20:02 UTC

Staging a Subversion Repository

Hi,

I was wondering the best way to stage a subversion repository such that when
I enter a unique URL, I am able to see the files committed as though it's in
production?

Regards,
Jonathan Chum
Senior Developer

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
AIS Media, Inc. - "Passion. Innovation. Expertise"
7000 Central Parkway, Suite 1700
Atlanta, GA 30328
Tel: 770.350.7998 / Fax: 770.350.9409
http://www.aismedia.com / jchum@aismedia.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Re: Staging a Subversion Repository

Posted by Ryan Schmidt <su...@ryandesign.com>.
On Sep 9, 2005, at 16:20, Jonathan Chum wrote:
> I was wondering the best way to stage a subversion repository such
> that when I enter a unique URL, I am able to see the files
> committed as though it’s in production?

Assuming you are talking about a web site that is in your repository,
then you can write a post-commit hook that performs an svn update of
a special working copy under a web server document root. See this FAQ
item:

http://subversion.tigris.org/faq.html#website-auto-update