Posted to dev@nuttx.apache.org by Rodrigo Teixeira <rt...@gmail.com> on 2023/01/16 14:10:56 UTC

Add support for an LTE driver on NuttX #8147

I need to add support for a Quectel BG770A modem.After looking at this
commit
<https://github.com/apache/nuttx/commit/dc5d8f7c4478efee10c661034600a61d52d2c13f>,
I realized that NuttX has native code that handles some kind of modems, not
requiring the creation of a driver from scratch. But, maybe it does not
cover all types of modems, since NuttX has a separate driver for the ALT1250
modem
<https://github.com/apache/nuttx/blob/master/drivers/modem/alt1250/alt1250.c>
.Then, I’m not sure if I’ll need to create a driver from a scratch, as the
driver for the ALT1250 modem, or if I can just configure it, as it was done
in this commit
<https://github.com/apache/nuttx/commit/dc5d8f7c4478efee10c661034600a61d52d2c13f>
.Could anyone help me to decide which approach I’ll have to follow?

--
Rodrigo Teixeira de Souza
Aluno de Graduação - Instituto Tecnológico de Aeronáutica

Re: Add support for an LTE driver on NuttX #8147

Posted by "Alan C. Assis" <ac...@gmail.com>.
Yes, it is not trivial!

Eduardo spent some days trying to figure out how to get it working.

It requires the right AT commands that are specific for this kind of modem.

I don't know if this same approach could work for SIMCom, Telit, U-Blox, etc.

At least know we have a guide explaining how to get it working.

BR,

Alan

Posted by MIGUEL ALEXANDRE WISINTAINER <tc...@hotmail.com>.

Posted by "Alan C. Assis" <ac...@gmail.com>.