Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by relphie <re...@gmail.com> on 2009/03/05 20:51:36 UTC

Aegis Databinding Re-use

Hello,

There appears to be an inconsistency in the ability to reuse an Aegis
Databinding across multiple services.  In cxf 2.0, it was possible, but in
the latest 2.2-SNAPSHOT it is not.  Can anyone explain this, and whether it
is intended?

Here is a sample the configuration that works in 2.0 but not in
2.2-SNAPSHOT:

	<bean id="aegisBean"
class="org.apache.cxf.aegis.databinding.AegisDatabinding" />

    <jaxws:endpoint id="RelationshipService" implementor="#ReltnService"
        implementorClass="relationship.service.RelationshipService"
address="/RelationshipService">
        <jaxws:serviceFactory>
			<bean class="org.apache.cxf.jaxws.support.JaxWsServiceFactoryBean">
				<property name="dataBinding" ref="aegisBean" />
			</bean>
        </jaxws:serviceFactory>
    </jaxws:endpoint>

   <alias name="relationship.service.RelationshipService"
alias="ReltnService" />

    <jaxws:endpoint id="OrganizationService" implementor="#OrgService"
        implementorClass="organization.service.OrganizationService"
address="/OrganizationService">
        <jaxws:serviceFactory>
            <bean
class="org.apache.cxf.jaxws.support.JaxWsServiceFactoryBean">
				<property name="dataBinding" ref="aegisBean" />
			</bean>
        </jaxws:serviceFactory>
    </jaxws:endpoint>

	<alias name="organization.service.OrganizationService" alias="OrgService"
/>

Thanks,

Brian

Re: Interceptor Annotation Questions

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
On Fri March 6 2009 1:50:20 pm Eric Johnson wrote:
> Are there any examples of using annotations to configure interceptor
> chains?

There's definitely some system tests that do this.   Grep through them for the
particular annotation.

I know the jaxws system tests use the @Features annotations to add a bunch of
things as well.

> Where can I put the annotations? The doc says the SEI and the service
> class, but the example shows them on an implementation class.

The impl is the service class.

> How do I add them to a client?

Add them to the SEI.   It will pick them up.

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org

Re: Aegis Databinding Re-use

Posted by relphie <re...@gmail.com>.

I have opened an issue and uploaded a set of test cases:

Re: Aegis Databinding Re-use

Posted by relphie <re...@gmail.com>.

Thanks for the offer :)

Re: Aegis Databinding Re-use

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
On Fri March 6 2009 2:01:24 pm Eric Johnson wrote:
> One more question...
>
> What is the order of precedence in configuration? Spring, Annotations,
> explicit changes using the InterceptorProvider API

Does it matter?   All three would be additive so if you configure interceptors
in all three places, you would get all three sets.

Dan

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org

RE: Interceptor Annotation Questions

Posted by Eric Johnson <EM...@progress.com>.
One more question...

Re: Aegis Databinding Re-use

Posted by relphie <re...@gmail.com>.

Re: Aegis Databinding Re-use

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com>.

Re: Aegis Databinding Re-use

Posted by relphie <re...@gmail.com>.

Re: Aegis Databinding Re-use

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
On Thu March 5 2009 3:06:02 pm Benson Margulies wrote:
> What I've been telling people to do is to use scope='prototype' on
> service factories and data bindings. Example-wise, I bet we're short.
> Glenn or Dan?

Yea, scope=prototype is the way to go.

Dan

> On Thu, Mar 5, 2009 at 3:00 PM, relphie <re...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I agree that sharing the databindings could cause a conflict and thus
> > should probably not be allowed.  I am also confused, because I think you
> > are saying that a large part of my configuration is bad (i.e. reusing the
> > service-factory).  Is that the case, and can you show me or point me to
> > an example of a configuration that generates 2 services?
> >
> > bimargulies wrote:
> >> If it worked for you in 2.0, it worked purely by accident, I think.
> >> However, I am a bit confused as follows. Reusing the entire service
> >> factory for multiple endpoints had never worked, period. That doesn't
> >> necessarily imply that a databinding couldn't be used in multiple
> >> service factories. However, the data binding does look at the service
> >> to find the root elements. They could conflict, so it doesn't make
> >> sense to me to share them. Anyone else (Dan?) care to express an
> >> opinion?

Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org
http://www.dankulp.com/blog